Hopper with Sling Versions (China mfg in 2012 vs India refurbished 2020)

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
After almost 15 years with DISH and several receivers--had 2 receivers--upgraded 2021 so both are Hoppers with Sling (change in usage and failure of newer Hopper to solve OTA recording pixellation issues), am downgrading to just one Hopper with Sling (not choosing Hopper 3 due to extra cost on DVR fee--goes from $10 to $15), have this question:

Choosing which Hopper with Sling to keep (for quality of picture and reliability--unless PQ is only dependent on software upgrades), the Sling made in China that have had since abt 2012 VS the remanufactured (refurbished) Hopper with Sling sentto us in March 2021--made in India.

Dish tech support very clueless (they didn't even know that I could back up my timers to the Older remote control I have).

Or is this a very moot question--since if any problems, and it's leased--can ask for a replacement????

(not choosing Hopper 3 due to extra cost on DVR fee--goes from $10 to $15)
I believe people that are on a 2 year contract get all three Hopper models discounted from $15 to $10, except the Hopper Duo that goes from $10 to $5. If this is the case with you then either model should cost the same.

If you are being charged $10 for a Hopper with sling while not being under a contract then do share your secret :eeek

Reactions: charlesrshell
I upgraded from a HWS to a Hopper 3 in April 21 and my equipment charge went from $12 per month to $15 per month.

Loyal Cust Hopper DVR (Reg $15) 12.00 (my bill in Mar21. Not under contract in March, but now under contract, because I added the H3)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)