HOPPER3 AND OTA

Mine seem to be working. Will check again when I get home. I added a favorite guide. Which they are in. Also when I scanned it asked me to select what I wanted to keep. Then save. I would guess if you don't select anything you scanned they won't be there.

After my install on Sunday, I scanned the OTA channels, saved the ones I watch. Those channels showed in the guide immediately, took maybe 5 minutes for program info to populate. They've been in the guide ever since. I've added all of them to favorites lists on each tv (5). I haven't had any problems with anything disappearing from the guide or my favorites lists.

Now i try to delete my scanned list and it won't let me. The OTA channels remain in the pre-populated lists and are active. Serious issues with OTA integration.

Reactions: D. Manley
Has anyone tried recording OTA yet? Can't seem to get it to work.

I set up my OTA last night. Scanned for channels and saved them. I used the signal strength meter to tweek my antenna for maximum signal strength. This morning the guide had populated so I picked 4 programs to record. When I checked only the first show recorded and the others did not. Reviewing the schedule that show that they recorded but are nowhere to be found. Then I discovered none of the OTA channels were working, no signal on any of them. I unplugged the OTA tuner and plugged it back in, after the H3 reset the OTA channels were back. I set it up to record two programs tonight and both recorded and showed up in the no folder. The first one on playback was nothing but a black screen and no audio. The second one recorded OK. I will try some more tonight and tomorrow.

Update on my OTA recording. Since the first day screwups my OTA recordings have been working OK. One thing I noticed is the OTA channels and recordings do not show up on a moble device.

One oddity I noticed when setting up the OTA channels on the H3 originally was the scan fails to locate as many channels even including, one of primary channel @ 100% strength. A second scan picked that one up but still skimmed over many subs that were present & functional on the HWS.

I thought maybe it was a glitch in the OTA tuner so I replaced it with a NIB spare I had & results were the same. I have identical signal strength on my saved channels as with the HWS but, fewer overall OTA's to choose from. As far as I can determine, all play perfectly however, I'm yet to record any. I plan to try this tonight after reading the issues some others have on playback.

To put a point on my post above, I can confirm the glitch reported by others on sub-par quality on the OTA recordings. I did a test last night recording 2 shows on channels with 100% signal strength and when viewing, both were pixelated with accompanying audio stuttering. I sure hope this is software related and not something caused by a hardware issue in the H3.

To put a point on my post above, I can confirm the glitch reported by others on sub-par quality on the OTA recordings. I did a test last night recording 2 shows on channels with 100% signal strength and when viewing, both were pixelated with accompanying audio stuttering. I sure hope this is software related and not something caused by a hardware issue in the H3.

Live OTA plays fine even when it's delayed, so hopefully that points to the software and not the hardware.

Live OTA plays fine even when it's delayed, so hopefully that points to the software and not the hardware.
That's my hope. I was actually surprised that my pristine OTA live channels were so whacked on recorded playback. I'm also very curious why the OTA tuner on the H3 is undoubtedly less sensitive to detecting channels during the scan and yet, of those that do appear, have identical signal strength as did the HWS.

That's my hope. I was actually surprised that my pristine OTA live channels were so whacked on recorded playback. I'm also very curious why the OTA tuner on the H3 is undoubtedly less sensitive to detecting channels during the scan and yet, of those that do appear, have identical signal strength as did the HWS.

I'm getting the same scan results on the H3 and HWS so I don't know about that one. :)

I'm getting the same scan results on the H3 and HWS so I don't know about that one. :)
I'm not by a good margin however, I do actually have those of interest to me so, it's of no particular consequence. I had to scan 2 or 3 times though to pick up the local NBC affiliate although it's @ 100% strength. I initially thought it might have been a quirk in the OTA tuner I had used with the HWS but swapped it out for a spare, never used one that displays the same behavior. I have no clue why or how this could occur but it seems really odd.

I said in a earlier post mine was recording OK. I based this that the programs were showing up in the DVR. Now that I have watched them I have the same problem, pixelated and audio stuttering. Watching live I have a clear picture with good audio. I too hope it is a software related problem.

I said in a earlier post mine was recording OK. I based this that the programs were showing up in the DVR. Now that I have watched them I have the same problem, pixelated and audio stuttering. Watching live I have a clear picture with good audio. I too hope it is a software related problem.

If you haven't already reported it to DISH via DIRT please do. There aren't many of us that use OTA and the more reports they get about it the quicker they might fix it.

Reactions: syphix
I sure miss OTA channels in my Favorites List>
Don't blame you! I had a H3 install scheduled, but had to cancel due to out of town family emergency. After having that time to think about it, I'm standing pat with my HWS until that, and other things are fixed.

Reactions: navychop and flody1
Just for transparency, the OTA channel issue is for outside antenna only. The local channels provided by Dish can be placed, and remembered, in Favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts