Horizion to Horizion Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark2074

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, ON
I am considering to buy a motor for my 30" dish. Any recommendations? I am looking for a good deal on one in the GTA.

Thanks,

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Got to be the SG2100 I have had mine for around two years now and it never misses a beat, there are others but the SG2100 is solid and works great with USALS DiSEqC1.3 or 1.2

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2004
Let me ask it in a diffrence way. I do not want to get analog c/ku band all i want to get it digital c/ku band with this setup? will that work?

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2004
thank you

Can i do this? leave the c-band side hookup to my big dish and buy this setup for the ku side with a pansat 2500?

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
if you already have a BUD your pansat should be able to slave to it with far better results than a smaller dish. you do have to have the correct feedhor and LNBs , but i think you know that.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2004
Yes it all work good but having trouble with cbs on Gr 10 ku.
The picture brakes up and the quiltialy is 51% and i don`t know why?

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
Tommy, did you ever just try blind scanning it in to see if it could just be a variance in your tuner (quite common)?

WTguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Tommyboy said:
thank you

Can i do this? leave the c-band side hookup to my big dish and buy this setup for the ku side with a pansat 2500?

You are talking about using a diseqc switch and running the c and ku into the 2500, then yes that will work. In fact, I don't have a c but from what I have read it has been recommended in some cases because the ku signals are harder to tweak with a larger dish due to bleeding from the adjacent birds.

Good luck (and I am jealous, would love to have a c dish but space does not permit at this time).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)