HORIZON 180 from AJAK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pullo

Original poster
May 20, 2011
Flanders (Belgium)
I'm new to this forum, my name is marc and I live in Belgium. I recently bought second hand C-band dish. (UNI-MAX 7.6) with receiver (CHAPARRAL MC115). This summer I will recover this dish, there is much work to do.I hereby send a link with pictures of the polar mount. I suspect it is a AJAk Horizon 180. Or am I mistaken, welcome comments and sugestions. Already many thanks and greetings from Flanders. Marc

https://picasaweb.google.com/EINDKRAK/GroteSchotel?feat=directlink

Indeed, the elevation is adjustable with an additional actuator. There is an additional photo of the receiver and Chaparral IOT-1 (inclined orbit tracker).

It is the big AJAK H-H 180.

The medium size has 3 chains, instead of just the one chain and gear.

It is a very nice dish mover.

If it is setup correctly on the arc, there is no need for an actuator adjustment for the elevation, unless you are trying to receive satellites not in the Clarke Belt. :)

This is a BIG AJAK.@ 65lbs. AJAK 008.JPGAJAK 017.JPGAJAK 020.JPGThat may be a small one, if the medium has three chains. I'm thinking now that there may be more variations of AJAK then we know about.
But if I remember right that is a AJAK Patriot , weighs in at 33lbs

The more I look at the pics though the more it looks confusing. One thing for sure these are not the same

Last edited:
The difference is in the design for mounting it to the pole.

The main gear, chain, and motor are the same, just the actuator place between the AJAK and the pole apparatus are different.

It looks strange because ring is swung all the way over to the side. It would be more clear if you can picture it in your mind with the ring at center as shown in your picture.

I could be wrong, and this could be a smaller model. It is difficult to tell from his pictures, but if it is a smaller one, it isn't the same as the "medium" one that I have.

I thought I would post some pictures of what my "medium" AJAK H-H 180 looks like.

assembly-ajak-aimer2.jpg assembly-ajak-aimer.jpgside-chains-ajak-aimer4.jpg wiring-motor-ajak-aimer.jpgtop-chains-limit-switches.jpg top-chains-limit-switches2.jpgside-chains-ajak-aimer.jpg side-chains-ajak-aimer3.jpgside-chains-ajak-aimer5.jpg assembly-ajak-aimer3.jpgwiring-ajak-aimer.jpg side-chains-ajak-aimer2.jpg

BTW, this AJAK, the 10 foot Unimesh dish that sets on it, and the NPRM it is mounted on are all for sale in the Classified Section. :)

This is a good shot of the AJAK 180 when I plucked itDishes 018.JPG The Winegard 10' Pinnacle behind it

Another shot in the half shellAJAK 007.JPG
pencil.png

Last edited:
Yours is the only I've seen that doesn't use a worm drive on the main shaft. I see a later date on yours than others. Mine is a Oct 1993 date

thanks for the many responses. I am busy with repairing the polar mount. When the work is finished, I make new pictures. Another question. AJAK still exist? I suspect not, what year they stopped? Best regards Marc.

They're long gone. I vaguely recall the owner shut them down for good in the mid to late 1990s. As they were just up the freeway from here (Colorado), there still seems to be an endless supply of them on poles and in junkyards nearby.

Very nice pictures.
The fresh paint job helps, too.
Looks almost like new.
I'm sure you will get a lot of years of service from the dish/motor/mount/etc. - :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)