Horizontal keeps going out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I've had a strange problem over the past couple of weeks. I had a CM dish/lnb with actuator to pick up sats. 72-103 and a primestar dedicated for 123. There're hooked to a diseqc switch leading to my Pansat 2700A. I also use a GI 450i looped through for analog as well as moving the actuator. For the past 2 years everthing has worked fine up until last week.

I lost all the horizontal channels on the CM dish, but the primestar worked both h and v. So, considering the CM lnb was probably as old as Moses, I didn't think it strange it may have died (or half died as the vertical still worked).

So I replaced the lnb on the CM dish and wa-la I got my horizontal back. However, last night I had to unplug the receiver due to a storm. This morning after reconnecting the coax and powering up the receiver I have no horizontal channels again on the CM dish. As was the case before, I still get both h and v on the primestar. By the way, I've switched the dishes between the ports of the diseqc switch and every other combination trying to troubleshoot it, but with no results. Could my receiver be causing the loss of horizontal channels or perhaps I've got a bad coax leading from the lnb to the diseqc switch?

ok i haven't tried any of this but, do you have a dc block on the 450i and or do you operate one or the other receiver only while the other receiver is off. sounds like you should be able to test by turning off the 450i or changing channels with it.
just a thought sounds like your passing power from both receivers.

Luckily, I've fixed the problem without getting a new receiver. I just reloaded the factory bin from pansatusa and my horizontal is back..........I dont' get it.......but it worked!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts