Hour Angle for Glorystar 99?

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I posted on FTA but got no response. Basically I am doing a "poor man's H-H" only to achieve a skewed dish on Glorystar. Since I don't have an unrestricted view of the arc I will be setting up on the Glorystar 99 position. I am improvising a protractor to show hour angle for my polar axis but find that I am too many years this side of my spherical geometry to readily calculate the satellite hour angle for my latitude and longitude (35.2 and 85.74). Is there a chart or calculator out there that simplifies this?

Or if anyone close to 85.74 longitude could tell me their motor angle for 97 degrees I could peak on G19, then offset slightly to bring in 101.

Last edited:
Glorystar does not sell or provide technical support for "motorized" configurations using the Glorystar system. We do not have any suggestions for answering your question. The main FTA Forum is the best area for receiving comments on this unique equipment usage and definately a hobbyist type of question.

We do not understand "hour angle". The "All Common Satellites" link of the www.GeoSatFinder.com Satellite Aiming Calculator may assist in finding openings in the trees.

Glorystar does not sell or provide technical support for "motorized" configurations using the Glorystar system. We do not have any suggestions for answering your question. The main FTA Forum is the best area for receiving comments on this unique equipment usage and definitely a hobbyist type of question.

We do not understand "hour angle". The "All Common Satellites" link of the www.GeoSatFinder.com Satellite Aiming Calculator may assist in finding openings in the trees.
Thanks for your response. My endeavor falls into the crack between forums anyway. The FTA guys are probably not using a dual LNB mount on a fixed dish thus are not particularly interested in improving performance of an offset dish by altering the axis. Anyway my post over there disappeared for whatever reason. I couldn't find an answer by Google but by visiting a site mentioned in a mildly related FTA thread I found the answer. Here's the link it has some other interesting calculators and etc: SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: AZ/EL Calculator

You may delete this thread from the forum if you wish. If I get any significant improvement from remounting my dish I'll post here just as a matter of interest and put the details on the FTA forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts