Houston Locals Out Every Night

rchonko

Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I've got the Houston local channel package. Every night around 9 PM CST I lose the satellite signal. Most of my other channels are not affected. Anyone no what might be causing this?

I'd rather not call tech support as I don't actually live in Houston. Is it possible that they do this to the people that give false addresses to get out of market local channels?

I do live in the Houston area and have the locals. I haven't noticed any problem with the local channels going out. How long has this been occuring and how long does it last each time?

This has been occuring every night for the last 2 weeks. It usually lasts 1 to 2 hours. I have a friend that leaves nearby and he is experiencing the same thing.

I live one hour (50 miles) from Houston and I have the American top 100 plus local. I have my Dish Network since mid October. I am pretty sure I don't have the problem you experience. I agree you should call tech support.

Last edited:
How far do you actually live from Houston? You might be out of the spot beam at certain times of the day or night.

O.K. Mike, you're gonna have to explain this to my "non rocket scientist" brain:D, I realize at times I'm "outta the loop" but not sure if this is the same.

Anyway, I rec the Houston locals hd/sd, I haven't noticed any problems with them (I'm about 40 miles east of the city), usually have one or more timers set to record the locals at 9 pm and everything has been o.k.

Yes, the Houston SD locals on 119 are fringe for the Lake Charles area. It might be better to move to Beaumont, Lafayette, or Baton Rouge.

I live 95 miles from Houston in Beaumont /Pt. Arthur area and I have no problems with the Houston locals in hd and sd. So that is why I asked about how far you live out. If you are only 40 miles from the city then you must have an dish aiming issue or lnb issue, or switch issue. IF you live in Lake Charles I am sure that you are to far out from the spotbeam for Houston.

I live 95 miles from Houston in Beaumont /Pt. Arthur area and I have no problems with the Houston locals in hd and sd. So that is why I asked about how far you live out. If you are only 40 miles from the city then you must have an dish aiming issue or lnb issue, or switch issue. IF you live in Lake Charles I am sure that you are to far out from the spotbeam for Houston.

I thought when you join Dish they would ask your zip and determine if you can receive the local channels. In this case, is it their fault? I mean, if I were the one, I would be a bit upset because they promise me the local channels and I pay for the local channels but the service is out for certain time of the day.

Do you receive other local channels from New Orleans for example?

I thought when you join Dish they would ask your zip and determine if you can receive the local channels. In this case, is it their fault? I mean, if I were the one, I would be a bit upset because they promise me the local channels and I pay for the local channels but the service is out for certain time of the day.

It is your fault if you "move" and don't research the spotbeam coverage though.

NO, I "moved" to get Houston locals in both sd and hd. Do a search on this topic and you will see numerous posts .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)