Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just thinking out loud here

Was watching an older episode of 2 1/2 men (you know....when it was funny) and there was the episode when Charlie was "broke". Alan is going through his bills and says "ultimate sports satellite package" to which Charlie says he gets every sports channel out there and "if a kid in Mozambique hits a rock with a stick I can see it and bet on it"

Now I know nobody will offer this but we see threads of folks whining about "why cant I get a package without sports?" Well...why can't I get a package that is MAINLY sports?

Behold....the ultimate guy sports package
It has all the sports channels offered by Directv
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNNEWS
ESPNU
Pursuit
BTN
MLB Net
NBA Net
NFL Net
NHL Net
CBS Sports Net
Fuel
NBC Sports Net
Speed
Sportsman
TVG
Tennis
ESPN Classic
Outdoor
Universal Sports
BeIN
Golf
GolTV
Fox Soccer
all the other RSN's

The 2 main Spanish sports stations....my thought is hey when I had Canadian TV I subbed to RDS which is French sports package. I dont need to understand it to watch hockey :)
ESPN Deportes
Fox Deportes

And 20 "guy" type channels (some of these have sports on them)
A&E
CNN
Comedy Central
Fox News
TBS
TNT
USA
Discovery
History
RFD TV
AMC
BBC America
FX
Ion
Nat Geo
Spike
SyFy
TruTV
H2
WGN

No shopping channels
no "man hater" channels

Lets set it at....$45 a month base price...would you subscribe to it???

Last edited:
got my vote, but would have to add DIY on there ( couple things on there I like watching at the moment sure will change when i get tired of them over and over lol)

got my vote, but would have to add DIY on there ( couple things on there I like watching at the moment sure will change when i get tired of them over and over lol)

I tried to limit it to 20 channels but I'm sure we could get rid of something like HLN and add DIY
(Ion has WWE on it so thats why I included it)

I would need H2 and NGW, with those, I totally would. They'd have a customer for life. I would like TCT, too, but I get it OTA, in HD.

Add DIY and you got a nice programming package....Hey DIY does have Man caves :)

Last edited:
I would need H2 and NGW, with those, I totally would. They'd have a customer for life. I would like TCT, too, but I get it OTA, in HD.

Yep add or trade those 2 for something.Otherwise that's a great package.So Iceberg,when you starting the service?:D Bet you would have a lot of takers.

Was watching an older episode of 2 1/2 men (you know....when it was funny) and there was the episode when Charlie was "broke". Alan is going through his bills and says "ultimate sports satellite package" to which Charlie says he gets every sports channel out there and "if a kid in Mozambique hits a rock with a stick I can see it and bet on it"

Now I know nobody will offer this but we see threads of folks whining about "why cant I get a package without sports?" Well...why can't I get a package that is MAINLY sports?

ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNNEWS
ESPNU
Pursuit
BTN
MLB Net
NBA Net
NFL Net
NHL Net
CBS Sports Net
Fuel
NBC Sports Net
Speed
Sportsman
TVG
Tennis
ESPN Classic
Outdoor
Universal Sports
BeIN
Golf
GolTV
Fox Soccer
all the other RSN's

The 2 main Spanish sports stations....my thought is hey when I had Canadian TV I subbed to RDS which is French sports package. I dont need to understand it to watch hockey :)
ESPN Deportes
Fox Deportes

A&E
CNN
Comedy Central
Fox News
TBS
TNT
USA
Discovery
History
RFD TV
AMC
BBC America
FX
Ion
Nat Geo
Spike
SyFy
TruTV
H2
WGN

No shopping channels
no religious channels
no "man hater" channels

YUP.

Btw, what are the Sports Packages gonna cost ?

I would need H2 and NGW, with those, I totally would.
H2 is in my list ;)
(second from bottom)

They'd have a customer for life.
same here

I would like TCT, too, but I get it OTA, in HD.
OK since the religious channels are usually free in all packages we'll have them (but still no shopping channels...unless your selling hunting, fishing, outdoors and stuff like that)

Add DIY and you got a nice programming package....Hey DIY does have Man caves :)

I used 20 as a nice round number but maybe we'll throw TNT as a "sports channel" since it has NBA...then we could put DIY &/or Nat Geo Wild in there too ;)

I guess another reason I thought about the thread was the other day I was talking to D* about lowering my plan even more to save some money until baseball season starts.
The rep I spoke to actually knew what she was talking about. We were looking at the Select "Classic" package and how it didnt include History yet the now discontinued Select package does. The rep actually said "sometimes it would be nice if we could get individual channels or groups of channels as alacarte" to which we got on that conversation how the channel providers wont let that happen

I said "why can't we have a sports package where you get any channel that has sports on it + a handful of some other channels" and the rep agreed with me. Now she could have been blowing smoke up my arse but thats how I thought about this

ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNNEWS
ESPNU
Pursuit
BTN
MLB Net
NBA Net
NFL Net
NHL Net
CBS Sports Net
Fuel
NBC Sports Net
Speed
Sportsman
TVG
Tennis
ESPN Classic
Outdoor
Universal Sports
BeIN
Golf
GolTV
Fox Soccer
all the other RSN's

ESPN Deportes
Fox Deportes

A&E
CNN
Comedy Central
Fox News
TBS
TNT
USA
Discovery
History
RFD TV
AMC
BBC America
FX
Ion
Nat Geo
Spike
SyFy
TruTV
H2
WGN

No shopping channels
no "man hater" channels

Add in The Military Channel and I see you and I have the same mindset.

Pretty good line-up, I'd go for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)