How about CNN HD??

Soon I hope. I recently contacted E* programming about this and here is their response to me...
[FONT=geneva,arial]Thank you for your email. [/FONT][FONT=geneva,arial] We apologize for the delayed response.[/FONT][FONT=geneva,arial] We understand your concerns. We would like to add that channel[/FONT][FONT=geneva,arial] in HD[/FONT][FONT=geneva,arial] sooner to make viewers like you happy. However we do not have any specific information regarding your inquiry. Please understand that it is our intent to add a variety of programming and services to please current and future subscribers. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.[/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,arial]We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please logon to our website for future programming announcements.[/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,arial]We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.[/FONT]​
[FONT=geneva,arial][/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,arial]Sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,arial]Johana L.[/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,arial]TID:OR-Cadillac[/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,arial]DISH Network eCare[/FONT]
[FONT=geneva,arial][/FONT]

They have 3 short shows in HD, from what I hear and only HD cameras in 1 studio and the amount of field work they show from other sources, it will take a long time to get it all over to HD, so for now, I would rather see them add things like Sci-Fi, USA or especially Speed...

A local Kansas City News station went HD recently, they did all the studio cameras, field camera, etc and it looks nice. CNN is so big it will take mega money and time to switch.
If E had unlimited bandwidth to do it, sure, but for me it's sure not at the top until they get alot of HD content.

All of their new specials (including one that airs this weekend) are in HD as well. That adds up to at least as much HD content as some of the other "HD" channels like History-HD.

Not only does HDnews have only 1 hour per day run in a loop all day long, they have no investigative reporters, never run in-depth documentaries and have no capability to respond to breaking news with live on scene coverage.

So is the Dish HD Demo channel. Why don't you watch the Aquarium Tank from the Mirage all day in HD. At least there the picture changes.

mrsdrgn,

The Dish HD Demo Channel has been removed, and it was only available from 61.5 which meant that only a small percentage of Dish's HD subs could even see that channel, when it WAS still available.

John

I think it would be nice to have CNN HD on Dish. I have two problems with HDN; It repeats the whole day, and they never have breaking news. It'd be a good trade (HDN for CNN). Even though they only broadcast a few shows in HD, I think it's worth it.

The quality of this channel is very good.. And their HD Political coverage is blowing all the other channels away. And they have quite a bit of HD programming. Dish needs this one, just like they need every other HD Channel.. No I am not a D* troll.. I am a dealer and a customer of both services. And I only can hope for the day when all this complaining goes away and both companies just have every HD Channel out there. There is never a need to put one channel down just because you personally don't like it. I want HD. I want every channel out there in HD. I switch from my Dish system to my DirecTV system and then back to my Dish System just to see certain channels that one has and the other doesn't. But people that don't really have a clue about a certain channel shouldn't waste their breath putting it down. CNN HD has a great picture, and getting more and more content everyday. Can't wait to see Dish light this up.. And Can't wait to see them light up a lot more.

PeachtreeTV

Will Braves fans be able to receive the 46 games PeachtreeTV carries this year on Dish? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bumblebee8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)