Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
By the end of 2008 remove all SD channels and convert them to HD channels if that cannot be done, get rid of those networks! Maybe my monthly bill will go down :D.
On a serius note, I think they need to push SD out of the market, no more releasing of SD channels, only HD from now on, and try to take away SD channels, I mean at this point there is no reason to keep a copy of an SD channels when its also broadcasted in HD.
This would help DBS companies save more bandwidth and lower the monthly bill for their customers.
What do you guys think? I would like to hear some feedback.

You do understand that we as a nation are only switching to DIGITAL transmission from analog right? This does not mean a 110% switch to everything in HD; HD is simply something that digital affords a broadcaster and they do not HAVE to do it. Digital can also afford them to create 2 or more 4:3 non-HD channels.

I get where you are coming from, but I can't see it within the next year or two; I see them dragging there feet kicking & screaming all along the way. 2 or more crap channels gives them more opportunity to sell ads; as opposed to one great channel.

It is the stations that decide what to broadcast SD or HD not DirecTV. If someone wants to put up a TV Station and broadcast only SD then that is what you will see. If they sign a contract with DirecTV and pay DirecTV money to broadcast their channel then DirecTV will boradcast it. If you don't like SD the only thing you can do is don't watch them. Those SD stations are helping to keep your monthly bill lower than it would be with out them.

90% of the population watches SD and you want to shut it down so your bill can be lower? Can you imagine how high your bill would be with the high cost of providing HD and only a small group of people paying for it?

Yes. Too many people are going to be sticking with SD until they or their sets die. Alot of folks don't realize how much better HD is and most others just don't want to spend the money on it.

Yes. Too many people are going to be sticking with SD until they or their sets die. Alot of folks don't realize how much better HD is and most others just don't want to spend the money on it.

The price of an HDTV is not appealing enough plus all the channels are not in HD yet so I wouldn't want to switch yet.Besides I would need at least a 56" HDTV to take the place of my 50" TV.Then with an HDTV you've got the format crap to work with,plus CC is harder to set up (mine works on mute).You almost need a HDTV degree to figure one of those suckers out(I already have enough adjustments thank you).:rolleyes:

Then you've got the manufacturers going 1080p so the price goes up,then 120 HZ so the price goes up again.The prices they want I use to buy a nice car for that.So I guess you would say I'm at the age where I just don't need the latest or the greatest anymore this time I wait.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)