How bad is it going to get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The frontline CSRs are so woefully undereducated it is a joke. Those of us that go to sites like this know way more than they do.

FlyingJ said:
Hey V, I do understand it and I am with you and your cause. But, it is what it is. I cancelled Showtime because they show a bunch of crap and the quality wasn't where it should be. I choose not to watch it. We all hope it will change. It should change, it should have be done. For some reason it is not and I refuse to believe it is because they don't want it to. I have the ability to change my providers but have decided against it to this point. Various reasons like Time Warner and WOW and Insight in my community are the cable companies and I have seen their HD PQ and offerings and they suck even worse than D* I get it for Sunday Ticket, OTA HD and ESPN 1-2 and HBO though I feel it's almost as big a waste as showtime. When the PS3 comes out and I have HD DVD ability or decide to bite the bullet and get another type of new HD DVD player I would cancel HBO. To sum it up...I have made a decision based on what I can get and my needs. I don't TIVO or watch things that piss me off, and I don't pay for things that I think totally suck and then sit and complain about them on a daily basis. If I have a complaint I tell my provider about it. Period. OK, it doesn't seem to do any good but that is the world we live in.

You know what the most wacked out part of this is???
SHOHD and HDnetmovies are the two HD channels that show 90%(dont quote me of that) OAR!! yet they are the two that are getting hammered with downrezzing the most.

vurbano said:
You know what the most wacked out part of this is???
SHOHD and HDnetmovies are the two HD channels that show 90%(dont quote me of that) OAR!! yet they are the two that are getting hammered with downrezzing the most.

What is an OAR?

dfergie said:
Regular HD-Net has not looked too bad lately what bitrate is it now?
HDnet doesnt look that bad IMO. Not sure about its bitrates. Its HDnetmovies thats the problem. Maybe its the affect of downrezzing transferred movies vs downrezzing shows shot on HDcams?

I think a lot of material shot on HDCam is 1440x1080, so dropping it to 1280x1080 doesn't make much difference.

ChrisPC said:
I think a lot of material shot on HDCam is 1440x1080, so dropping it to 1280x1080 doesn't make much difference.

HDnet does not look like it did 2 years ago. There is a significant difference in the "pop" of the picture, although it is not the garbage that HDnetmovies has become.

Status
Please reply by conversation.