How can E* keep adding HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No kidding. So what is top secret?

I guess what is secret is how Charlie's supposed to do this by the end of 2007 when his SEC filing's show the first new satellite going up via SeaLaunch and it may be delayed until 2nd half 2008.

I think Charlie is drinking the kool-aid. Regardless, when all is said and done in the next 12 months, we know for sure that echostar WON'T have NFL, MLB, March Madness, etc.

Ladies and Gentleman let me present another sad case of D* envy.

A concerned sub. asked the question why does E* have more HD at this time and the E* shills showed up in force.

The same gaggle of cupcakes that showed up when some dumb report touted D* being the HD leader and when someone asked about Tennis in HD.

Lets get to the root of the issue. The poor guy asked a legitimate question and its taken 10 pages of bickering to give the guy and answer.

Its simple..E* has more space. Now it was explained that D* has made plans to gain space to answer the OP's question, but D* envyists jumped up and down and screamed about...E* launching 10 zillion satellites and how D* is obviously lying about when the sats are to be launched.

LOL its satellite gate.

Look can we please stop this. E* has a very nice lineup of off the wall programming. woopee.

For some reason E* isnt as advanced in giving you your locals HD, forget about RSN's in HD, heck they dont even get you rsns in SD(YES), when you sign up for E* you need two sat dishes (I always thought that was nuts.), and the E* apologists go around and touting their opinion that E*'s PQ is better as fact to shove it down eveyones throat.

So back to the whole who has more HD its like this.

D*'s approach was to allow the subs to have their locals in HD first then tackle the National HD scene.

E* took their bandwith and spent it on Kungfu HD reruns.

This is the tip of the iceberg for this technology and as each company jockeys to the finish line of full HD one or the other company will be in the lead until all the kinks are worked out.

At that time both companies will offer you all of the HD channels available.
However with E* you will get KungFu and have to have 12 sats on your house and with D* you will get the NFL and MLB and NASCAR.

And I guess Charlie was planning on voom failing so he could buy their satellite. Where would they be without that? Shows no real advance planning as I see it.

I haven't been following very closely, and I don't know if you've tried, but there are antennas that attach to the satellite dish, and are almost invisible. With the additional advantage of potentially being able to get more channels than just the big 4 that D* and E* provide in most places.

Appreciate the advice,but I'm 80 miles from the transmitters with multipath issues.:)

So SES's AMC 14 and the Canadian Ciel 2 will provide them with leased transponders until they get their own birds built and launched? Sounds similar to them adding new space like previous leases and/or buying already operating birds.
E11 is going somewhere, probably before those two launch. I think leasing space on a bird at a Canadian or Mexican slot is probably a good idea.

E11 is going somewhere, probably before those two launch. I think leasing space on a bird at a Canadian or Mexican slot is probably a good idea.

They are using their money they saved on not having to pay through the nose on the extra innings garbage.

Just an FYI for you E* and D* fanboys. I'm not a fan of either nor do I have either of them. I'm a fan of quality HD and SD channels. I rate D* a 2 out of 10 at this point due to them being the HD-Lite and SD-Lite leader at this point in time. E* is rated a 8 due to their SD and HD quality and quantity. I also rate my local cable provider an 8 for carrying full bitrate full resolution HD, but they don't have all the HD channels E* has but they are closing the gap month by month.

Of course this could all change when D* gets their new birds up and kicking. I love competition! Just imagine where we would be if they were allowed to merge. I doubt we'd be where we are today in the HD arena. They would probably still have two separate systems under one company name.

just figured i would add this little piece of news:

Dish Network will be launching two new satellites by this December.

On these two Satellites they will be relaunching Dish Network in FULL MPEG4. All current Dish Network Channels will be available in full MPEG4. And everything will be receivable with just one 18 inch dish.

On these two satellites they will be able to offer the following:
200 LIL Cities in Standard Definion
HD Locals to 100 Cities
1000 Standard Definition Channels
200 International Channels.

Again all on one 18" Dish with one cable coming into your house.

just figured i would add this little piece of news:

First off - as with the previous Team Summits, don't count on all of this happening anywhere near the time you mention - and there is already plenty of discussion regarding this on the E* forums here.

What I find amazing is that all the E* shills that complain about D* talking up their plans, now hang on every breath when DISH does the exact same thing. Take a look at the very same members that rant and rave over the info regarding D* HD plans - now are posting about how great the info from Team Summit is, and if you look back at last year's - there is a lot of stuff that still hasn't come about from then.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW - DIRECTV 10 is launching on June 20th.

First off - as with the previous Team Summits, don't count on all of this happening anywhere near the time you mention - and there is already plenty of discussion regarding this on the E* forums here.

What I find amazing is that all the E* shills that complain about D* talking up their plans, now hang on every breath when DISH does the exact same thing. Take a look at the very same members that rant and rave over the info regarding D* HD plans - now are posting about how great the info from Team Summit is, and if you look back at last year's - there is a lot of stuff that still hasn't come about from then.

Agreed. It's way too early to start bragging about stuff that may or may not happen in the timeframe mentioned. But at least it's not the basis of their national advertising campaign (yet). :)

Agreed. It's way too early to start bragging about stuff that may or may not happen in the timeframe mentioned. But at least it's not the basis of their national advertising campaign (yet). :)

You seem to always need to have a ONE BETTER I guess EVEN when you AGREE with a post.

I think we all know E* will make every effort to keep up with D*. That said, it is nice to have a hint as to how they plan to do it.

Talk about it all they want in the forums... but I'll be bashing on E* if they start advertising about upcoming bandwidth on TV commercials.

Is this an act of desperation?Their(E*) is acting like they have already got all those channels under contract.They can't even put up all the SD channels that D* carrys because of money.This is getting funny.:rolleyes:

Also no where in that post do I see the words"they will have the bandwith capacity to provide".So that means they will put that many channels up and if they don't,oopsee!.Like I said this is getting funny.:rolleyes:

Talk about it all they want in the forums... but I'll be bashing on E* if they start advertising about upcoming bandwidth on TV commercials.

Plenty of companies advertise what they have coming on-line in the future, I really don't get how an advertisement can get so deeply under your skin - it must be that the info poses some kind of threat to people. You must HATE every auto commercial, there is 50 lines of disclaimers in the last 5 seconds of EVERY ONE OF THEM.

But my comment was about the PEOPLE HERE, the ones that bash one company for stating its plans, the other they hang on to every statement likes its the gospel. Funny I think - and hypocritical.

No we know that E* won't.E* hasn't even kept up with D* on National SD channels.Why should they be any different with HD?.;)

right on! and when all is said and done - both will certainly have 90-95% the same national offerings anyhow. but DISH won't have football, baseball, etc EVER. that alone will keep D* as the best provider overall.

right on! and when all is said and done - both will certainly have 90-95% the same national offerings anyhow. but DISH won't have football, baseball, etc EVER. that alone will keep D* as the best provider overall.

Your being too generous on SD offerings I have E* at 75-80% compared to D*.Unless your counting PI channels and shopping networks and audio channels.;)

Is this an act of desperation?Their(E*) is acting like they have already got all those channels under contract.They can't even put up all the SD channels that D* carrys because of money.This is getting funny.:rolleyes:

They already have the contracts on the channels they are putting up with MPEG4. They are just planning on a full MPEG2 to MPEG4 migration. Both providers will be planning this out over the next couple of years and all us, the consumer, will benefit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts