How Can I Get DirecTV To...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
I just moved (physically not "moved" although I am "moved" too) confused yet?

I need two things from DirecTV.

1. I need my SWM SL3 LNBF replaced with a SWM SL5 LNBF. (I want SonicTAP Tranquility and also Holidays and Hap year round) and mainly I just want all the channels that I am paying for! I have Choice Ultimate.

2. I have a H25, H24 and a D12. Due to DirecTV moving more and more channels to MPEG4 even though they're SD I am getting less and less channels on the D12. I need them to swap out the D12 for a H24/H25 FOR FREE and WITHOUT CONTRACT EXTENSION (currently out of contract going month to month). Again, I want all the channels I am paying for and even if I did not have HD Access a D12 no longer receives all the SD channels.

Also, I am "moved" so I do not want DirecTV to send anyone out for the LNBF and/or Receiver swaps.

What is the best way of going about getting these things done? Should they even be done together or separately (by about 2 weeks)?

You may get them to send you an H2x to replace the D12, but I seriously doubt they will send you the lnb. Why not buy it yourself, they are cheap.

Reactions: Mr Tony
You may get them to send you an H2x to replace the D12, but I seriously doubt they will send you the lnb. Why not buy it yourself, they are cheap.

Because $35+ is not cheap when I'm paying $110/mo and not getting all the channels I am paying for.

For that price I feel that DirecTV should be providing me with EVERYTHING I need to receive ALL of the channels I am paying for on ALL of my TV's.

Because $35+ is not cheap when I'm paying $110/mo and not getting all the channels I am paying for.

For that price I feel that DirecTV should be providing me with EVERYTHING I need to receive ALL of the channels I am paying for on ALL of my TV's.

Order the Directv Deportes pack. They will swap (possibly send you, with effort) the LNB. Drop Deportes pack after.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You are the one playing the "moving" game. If you weren't, you wouldn't be in this position. Your fault, you should pay.

You are the one playing the "moving" game. If you weren't, you wouldn't be in this position. Your fault, you should pay.

That's not 100% true. It's not my fault DirecTV did not provide a SL5 on the initial install before I was "moved" + it's not my fault DirecTV did not provide a SL5 instead of a SL3 to the previous occupants of the house I have physically moved to.

It's DirecTV's fault for defaulting to SL3's on all of their installs. If they want to do that they need to move the English CONUS video and music channels off of 119 to somewhere a SL3 can get them.

That's not 100% true. It's not my fault DirecTV did not provide a SL5 on the initial install before I was "moved" + it's not my fault DirecTV did not provide a SL5 instead of a SL3 to the previous occupants of the house I have physically moved to.

It's DirecTV's fault for defaulting to SL3's on all of their installs. If they want to do that they need to move the English CONUS video and music channels off of 119 to somewhere a SL3 can get them.

You are right, and that's one of my pet peeves about Directv, not supplying the correct lnb to receive all of the subscribed channels. But it is your fault that you are in the position that you are. Did you know before you "moved" that you weren't getting all of the channels you subscribe to?

Reactions: TheTechGuru
How does this story sound?

"My system was self installed due to the DirecTV Mastec Installer refusing to get on my roof and install the dish at the peak of my roof which is the only location on my property that can receive a signal due to trees, if you send a installer to swap the LNB's they will refuse because they won't get on the roof".

I would think that type of information would be in the notes if it was true.

I feel you are expecting too much out of your situation. There are pluses and minuses to being "moved". Either "move" back home, get your situation resolved, then "move" back or DIY. Even if DirecTV were to send equipment, they would most likely send to the place you have "service". I know that I was wanting JLTV so I could watch the old Jack Benny shows but found it wasn't available with the SL3. I called, they sent a tech, and it was free. I certainly don't see your beef with DirecTV...all providers are expensive these days.

This came down from directv corp.... all markets are going to default to the swm3. And btw all the channels on 119 are being moved... just slowly.

How does this story sound?

"My system was self installed due to the DirecTV Mastec Installer refusing to get on my roof and install the dish at the peak of my roof which is the only location on my property that can receive a signal due to trees, if you send a installer to swap the LNB's they will refuse because they won't get on the roof".

Oh and if your job required you to work till exactly 5pm and a customer came in and said hey if I come back at 6 could you please bend your store rules and stay open for me? What exactly would you do? osha says don't get off my ladder while I install. Your 110/month tv bill does not equal out to my 70k/yr to support my family when I get fired for climbing up your roof.

Sorry for the rant but I have 0 sympathy for people that want custom work done free and or people that complain about a tech not breaking company policy for the Cm's personal gain.

Sincerely your very happily employeed MaSTEC inhouse tech...

Rant over.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Techs are now authorized to system swap non hd to hd boxes on upgrade and service calls in the sl3 piolet markets... so long as there is already hd access on the account and the ka.ku is there. If the account is solid sd with an 18x20, it needs to be rebuilt as an upgrade to hd with rate changes.

Btw...

2. I have a H25, H24 and a D12. Due to DirecTV moving more and more channels to MPEG4 even though they're SD I am getting less and less channels on the D12. I need them to swap out the D12 for a H24/H25 FOR FREE and WITHOUT CONTRACT EXTENSION (currently out of contract going month to month). Again, I want all the channels I am paying for and even if I did not have HD Access a D12 no longer receives all the SD channels.

Will NOT happen.. end of story... free box.. ok.. just need the right csr to apply the discount to the order or for that matter a tech to close out a service call correctly for you.

Your going to get a contract extension however... if you want it done w.o contract buy a h25 owned off ebay. No receivers new off a truck can be activated w.o a commitment.

You could call and claim the D12 is dead, won't even boot up. That MAY get you an Hxx replacement.

Sure could.. just need to resign for two years :)

If it's replacing defective equipment, there is no commitment. Now because it's an upgrade, there would be a commitment, BUT there shouldn't be since he isn't able to receive all of the channels he is paying for, especially since Directv will be replacing all of the mpeg2 equipment at some point. Contacting the office of the president may be helpful. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016

If it's replacing defective equipment, there is no commitment. Now because it's an upgrade, there would be a commitment, BUT there shouldn't be since he isn't able to receive all of the channels he is paying for.
It's a fine line in policy and the hd conversion is making a mess out of situations like this. I would have agreed with you entirely before 7.24.14.... but lots of stuff changed.

The only way to know for sure is gonna be to call dtv.

Would it be easy to change LNB or hire someone that knows? without the hassle of changing receivers with commitment.
OP have the correct dish right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts