How Can I Get DirecTV To...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
*Sigh*

Well since DirecTV is "supposed" to move the CONUS channels off of 119 lets just forget about the LNBF swap for now.

Wow, 6 SD channels in the lowest package alone require HD Equipment to receive now.

https://www.att.com/Common/PDF/DIRECTV_English_Channel_Lineup.pdf

I don't see any video channels on 119 I'd be interested in anymore other than CCTV, it's mainly those few SonicTAP's they need to get moved.

So ya, my main issue is I need that D12 swapped for a H24/H25 (would prefer H24).

I would think DirecTV would be able to ship the receiver and me ship the old one back, the website even offers the ship instead of installer option if I want to pay $99 for the receiver.

I guess I should call retentions and say the kids TV with the D12 can't get NASA and I want them to be able to watch it?

Now, my issues aside, I am curious about how DirecTV is going to do the HD receiver transition when the HD Receivers have no RF output and many people out there are still using tube's that only have RF and no composite inputs. Will DirecTV be providing them with free RF Modulators?

As for me, my D12 is connected to a TV via composite but it's RF is also being used to feed another TV. If DirecTV will swap it out I will just use a old VCR as a RF modulator to feed the other TV or maybe even invest in a decent stereo RF modulator.

Wow, 6 SD channels in the lowest package alone require HD Equipment to receive now.

I don't see any video channels on 119 I'd be interested in anymore other than CCTV, it's mainly those few SonicTAP's they need to get moved.

So ya, my main issue is I need that D12 swapped for a H24/H25 (would prefer H24).

I would think DirecTV would be able to ship the receiver and me ship the old one back, the website even offers the ship instead of installer option if I want to pay $99 for the receiver.

I guess I should call retentions and say the kids TV with the D12 can't get NASA and I want them to be able to watch it?

Now, my issues aside, I am curious about how DirecTV is going to do the HD receiver transition when the HD Receivers have no RF output and many people out there are still using tube's that only have RF and no composite inputs. Will DirecTV be providing them with free RF Modulators?

As for me, my D12 is connected to a TV via composite but it's RF is also being used to feed another TV. If DirecTV will swap it out I will just use a old VCR as a RF modulator to feed the other TV or maybe even invest in a decent stereo RF modulator.
Be careful if you are thinking about asking to have your replacement receiver sent to a address other than the service address. I had them send one to my billing address instead of service address and within a week my account was in their fraud investigation dept. I had to confirm all of my receivers on the phone with them one by one as they reactivated them while I was on the phone with them. It was a major hassle I personally don't want to deal with again.

If your tvs are really that old, you probably have 10 vcrs stacked in a closet somewhere. They work fine as a modulator.

Too lazy to just quote the rf mod section... but.. yes. Techs are provided with rf modulators.

Be careful if you are thinking about asking to have your replacement receiver sent to a address other than the service address. I had them send one to my billing address instead of service address and within a week my account was in their fraud investigation dept. I had to confirm all of my receivers on the phone with them one by one as they reactivated them while I was on the phone with them. It was a major hassle I personally don't want to deal with again.

Shipping is not a problem for me. My billing and service addresses are the same. They are the address of a family member that has Time Warner and can't get DirecTV due to too many trees. They just re mail/ship me stuff DirecTV sends.

Posted Via The FREE iOS SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)