How can I get PRI with Sirius?

menton1

Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Jersey
I've had Sirius since 2006. We started out with both NPR and PRI, both of which have the lion's share of Public Radio content. Sirius dropped PRI in 2007. However, it remained on XM.

Now the companies are merged, sort of. But since I have Sirius equipment and subscription, I cannot get PRI unless I also get XM and XM equipment!!! What a ripoff! What happened to the Sherman Anti trust laws? How could our government let ONE company control an entire industry???

Does anyone know a way that I can get PRI? Thanks.

You might check to see if it is included with the best of XM package. If it is not you are out of luck. You would have to check into buying an XM device. the only other alternative I am aware of is OTA although there is an internet feed and podcasts are available for alot of their programming. Check the PRI websitre for details.

A receiver from 2006 may not be able to get Best of XM, it will tell you on your account page. If it is available, you will be able to upgrade instantly. If not, you will need to get a newer Sirius Receiver.

PRI is not available on "Best of XM". I would have to have a Sirius receiver and an XM receiver, and pay 2 subscriptions, not to mention that only 1 receiver can fit in the car. Great job, US Government, to allow ONE company to have a monopoly in this industry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)