How can sat radio work almost....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here in the DFW area, my XM satellite signal is strong all over and when I'm in the Downtown Dallas Business District "Canyon" the repeaters in the area help fill the gaps. The only time in the past 3 years that I've had XM (a roady 2 unit) that my signal fades out is when I'm under the metal roof of gas stations. If I'm filling up in the downtown area of Dallas, the repeater kicks in and I miss nothing.

I've gone on several cross country trips and I don't remember any dropouts that weren't in a tunnel or other sky obstructed object.

I've also used Sirius units (in several rental cars) and it's service was alright too. The sats did their jobs and the repeaters did their jobs.

But reading this entire thread it just seems like a whole XM vs. Sirius discussion. That never has a happy ending. Just like all of the Opie and Anthony vs. Howard Stern (hoo-hoo...) threads on all of the various fan forums. XM or Sirius... who cares!!?!? It's still better than FM terrestrial radio with it's 4 minutes of music and 54 minutes of adverstising and "This is a Clear Channel station" idents.

-Antwan L.

I totally agree with you, in dfw the radio sucks im sure its getting like that all over. The only time i am listening to fm radio is the 2:45-7 slot on 105.3 (russ martin)...

antwanp said:
Here in the DFW area, my XM satellite signal is strong all over and when I'm in the Downtown Dallas Business District "Canyon" the repeaters in the area help fill the gaps. The only time in the past 3 years that I've had XM (a roady 2 unit) that my signal fades out is when I'm under the metal roof of gas stations. If I'm filling up in the downtown area of Dallas, the repeater kicks in and I miss nothing.

I've gone on several cross country trips and I don't remember any dropouts that weren't in a tunnel or other sky obstructed object.

I've also used Sirius units (in several rental cars) and it's service was alright too. The sats did their jobs and the repeaters did their jobs.

But reading this entire thread it just seems like a whole XM vs. Sirius discussion. That never has a happy ending. Just like all of the Opie and Anthony vs. Howard Stern (hoo-hoo...) threads on all of the various fan forums. XM or Sirius... who cares!!?!? It's still better than FM terrestrial radio with it's 4 minutes of music and 54 minutes of adverstising and "This is a Clear Channel station" idents.

-Antwan L.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts