How Can You Cancel A Ppv Movie

horseshoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry if this has bee asked before, but does anyone know how to cancel a future PPV movie?
My wife accidentally ordered a PPV movie scheduled for next week. The move is also on a premium channel we already pay for. I canceled the timer it setup but I see no way of removing it from the list of ordered events. I put a password on PPV so this can't happen again.

You will have to contact one of the DIRT members here or call DISH. That is the only way.

Thanks. Hard to believe you can change your programing and pay your bills right from your receiver but can't cancel a ppv scheduled a week in advance. Really lame.

Yeah, my wife got bored one night some years ago and ordered some PPV's also. That's when I locked all of mine. I'm betting you'll have to pay for it as I've never heard that even a CSR can cancel one. If so, chalk it up and don't worry about it too much now that your receiver is locked.

Contact one of the DIRT members here is the best way to do things and they help so much!! :)

I don't know of any provider who doesn't have a "too bad; you've ordered--even a timer in the future--you're gonna pay" attitude. I think considering the endless stories providers get about dumb kids and wives and husbands and accidental and we never ordered claims, the MVPD's just won't budge and the dollar amount would probably be more than we think if they did allow a take back. Just avoid PPV's as there are much cheaper ways to watch that same content as in Amazon, et al. I think Dish may allow an exception ONCE, but it counts against you, and I think Dish can shut down access to PPV? At least that is what I remember from a long ago post and thread after the person spent more that $6.99 worth of time and sweat to get credited for it.

I don't know of any provider who doesn't have a "too bad; you've ordered--even a timer in the future--you're gonna pay" attitude. I think considering the endless stories providers get about dumb kids and wives and husbands and accidental and we never ordered claims, the MVPD's just won't budge and the dollar amount would probably be more than we think if they did allow a take back. Just avoid PPV's as there are much cheaper ways to watch that same content as in Amazon, et al. I think Dish may allow an exception ONCE, but it counts against you, and I think Dish can shut down access to PPV? At least that is what I remember from a long ago post and thread after the person spent more that $6.99 worth of time and sweat to get credited for it.

Dish (DIRT) can "zero out" your PPV credit, so nobody can order a ppv through the receiver using a remote. I also had that done about a year ago. You can still use the free ppv credit they might give from time to time, or order over the phone.

Reactions: TheKrell
I am the only user on my system and I restrict PPV so that it requires a password. I did that a few years ago after I almost ordered a PPV accidentally.

I also lock out all the PPV channels and other channels I never want to watch so that they don't appear in the guide and can't be accessed. I did this previously on a 722 and am doing it now on a Hopper.

If you don't see channels in the guide, you aren't tempted to order something and your "All Channels" guide is shorter. If you never want to order PPV, lock those channels out so they don't appear in the guide.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I lock out All pay per view channels on all my receivers so there is no temptation to order anything on them. DISH prices are too high to me compared to other services I can access online. Same pay per views , same hd , at cheaper prices.

Dish can do *something*, even if it's giving you a credit to offset the charge. They'll give the story about a "one-time courtesy". That's for a PPV after the fact (we rented an on-demand PPV that wouldn't stream).

The fact that the PPV in question hasn't played yet seems silly that Dish can't undo it...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It's trivially easy for a CSR to cancel a future PPV. They go to the PPV tab, see it ordered in the lower third of the screen. Click it, right click, select "Remove PPV". And done. If you get a competent CSR, should be less than a 2 minute call.

There's no issue removing a future PPV. Now, if that movie has already started, no, it's not going to be removed.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

Dish can do *something*, even if it's giving you a credit to offset the charge. They'll give the story about a "one-time courtesy". That's for a PPV after the fact (we rented an on-demand PPV that wouldn't stream).

The fact that the PPV in question hasn't played yet seems silly that Dish can't undo it...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It can be removed, easily. It shows on our PPV tab, selecting it, right clicking it and selecting Remove takes less than a minute. That is, if you get a competent CSR.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

On Directv you just go to purchase history on receiver and cancel PPV, that's if it hasn't been tuned to the PPV channel.
I think if you order and cancel too much, they'll just lock you out from ordering on the account.

Reactions: goaliebob99
I cancelled a sports PPV I ordered an hour before the event because I lost power in my neighborhood. I just called them up and they took it off my account immediately, so CSR's can do it.

Reactions: TheKrell

With Directv you can. You just go into the purchase menu and hit the cancel button. You can cancel up to the end of the free preview (VOD). After that your on the hook. Unless you tune to the channel. Normal PPV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)