How desperate is the government for Barry Bonds??!!

Salsa,

Are you an attorney, or are you Al Gore because they both famous for saying this:

"When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler"

Salsa clearly missed his calling in being a defense lawyer.

You're getting off track. Don't be distracted, you said "steroids don't contribute to players hitting more home runs"....

Not getting off track....was answering Sandras comments....that steroids was not the ONLY reason home runs records were at a record pace more than any time in history.

One question at a time....and they will ALL be answered.

It helped them rebuild there muscles so they could play more games!! There were a lot more players on juice that could not stay in the game because lack of talent!

I'm certainly not a doctor, but what does rebuilding muscle have to do with playing more games....

I'm certainly not a doctor, but what does rebuilding muscle have to do with playing more games....
If you play more games you have a chance to hit more HOME RUNS!! My gosh it's easy to tell salsa has actually played ball!! I don't mean little league like the rest here!!

What the hell does Cleveland have anything to do with this discussion about steroids? You're starting to lose your grip Salsa.

it is reference to you sometimes...hell.....most of the time narrow thinking within the confines of everything Cleveland sports. ;)

The POINT IS....listen closely, don't want ya to trip over.....

Steroids was NOT the only reason home runs records were being broken at a record pace.;)

And yet the same factors that you pointed out (small parks, bad pitching, etc.), still exist but did not help hitters at all in 2008. Home runs are way way down. I guess those factors were minor compared to the steroids.

Sandra

The POINT IS....listen closely, don't want ya to trip over.....

Steroids was NOT the only reason home runs records were being broken at a record pace.;)
OK, you're now admitting players taking steroids contributed to the power surge in MLB. <sitting on edge of seat>, what was another reason??

He played the whole season! It's easy to go back and see when he started. All of his career he did not play a whole season except for the last three..

If you play more games you have a chance to hit more HOME RUNS!! My gosh it's easy to tell salsa has actually played ball!! I don't mean little league like the rest here!!

I don't buy it. Are you saying at the beginning of his career he was missing games because of muscle weakness?

When the facts don't back you up, and hollering doesn't work, attack the poster. Typical M.O.

Sandra

I'm telling you, he's a lawyer. :) Thats another trick....attack the character of your opponent when you have nothing else. :)

it is reference to you sometimes...hell.....most of the time narrow thinking within the confines of everything Cleveland sports. ;)

Again, what does this have to do with the discussion of Steroids and it's impact? You keep trying to get off track and deflect from your ridiculous points of view.

That + what else???

Roids are called performance "enhancers" for a reason. Let's not forget that.

Everything you did before, you can do better on 'Roids.

Ok...let me put it to you this way. IN MY OPINION, that is TOO much of a "black and white" approach. When it comes to baseball....is it helping you see the ball better? NO! Is it gonna help you run the bases better? NO! Is it gonna help you hit for better average? NO! Will you throw MORE strikes ? NO! Will you be able to win more games just by taking them ? NO!! It is NOT gonna make you a better baseball player....STRONGER yes....better NO!!

Better? :rolleyes:

I don't buy it. Are you saying at the beginning of his career he was missing games because of muscle weakness?
Have you ever played in a 162 game season? He did not just stand on first base he was in the out field running and diving!! Also stealing bases. So yes that is what i am saying! Why do you think the old timers were hooked on greenies and booze and coke. To help relieve pain!

Who do you consider to be your teams BIGGEST rival

Budweiser Shoot Out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)