how dish ranks their customers

tulsa agent

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
tulsa
dish uses a ranking system for their customers referred to as "star status". there is a scale of 1-5 stars.

a 1star customer is one who is late on payments and usually has previous non-pays. also, all pay in advance customers (flex, flex24, or dhaTOO) will automatically always be a 1 star classified customer. these customers will have to pay an additioanl 100.00 fee on any dishmover, and if the qualify for an upgrade always pay the max price. pay in advance customers (PIA) will never qualify for a leased upgrade.

5star customers are ones who dish thinks are premium and will pay the lowest amount for upgrades, and do not pay the 100.00 dishmover fee.

a customer who may be at risk for dish losing will be classified as a "star alert". these customers get 5star pricing no questions asked.

how dish ranks these customers in many cases makes no sense, and they will not tell employees. i have seen customers who are frequently late on bills and only carry the t200 package on one rec, yet are 5 stars. i have also seen 10 year customers with the AEP and on auto pay with perfect billing and not be a 5star customer. we have been told that programming choice, amount of equip, payment history, amount of previous upgrades, and frequency of contacting a csc all make up the formula, but have not been given the direct equation used.

if you want to know your start status, simply ask the agent. they will at first not want to tell you, but then ask "are u refusing to assist me, a customer, with my inquiry of my account?". this will put them i a tight spot and they most likely will tell you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)