How Dish's 1080p is going to work...

Why No 1080P Movies ????

I have two 622 receivers and both have L613 software. I have no active timers on the 1 unit and ~ 2 timers each evening (8-11 PM) on the other unit. I disabled the Dish Comm receiver 4 days ago. That did not help and I have yet to receive the 1080P movies on channel 501. I have 4 SD movies on channel 501 on my one 622 receiver and 2 SD movies on channel 501 on my other 622. The receivers are in standby off except for evenings (8-11 PM). Both receivers are connected to the internet and phone lines. I also never get any of the Starz VOD movies.

Tech support has no idea why I have not received the 1080P movies. Any suggestions why some of us can't get the 1080P movies to show up?

I still don't have 10,000BC at 1080p.

Since I did get "I am Legend", I'm wondering what's different. The only thing that's different hardware wise is that I added a 61.5 dish and disabled 129.

Has anyone else that has a similar install been able to get the 1080p content?

I tried to rent 10,000 BC in 1080P tonight, I did not get a test it just went to the movie and when it did it was stuffed into the upper left hand side of the screen and about the size of a 32" but my tv is 58". I called tech support and they did not know why and just credited my account. Anyone else have this problem?

I tried to rent 10,000 BC in 1080P tonight, I did not get a test it just went to the movie and when it did it was stuffed into the upper left hand side of the screen and about the size of a 32" but my tv is 58". I called tech support and they did not know why and just credited my account. Anyone else have this problem?

If you will read a few pages back in this thread, this issue was covered. I think the thing was that some receivers, when they take the latest software update, sometimes revert your settings in the receiver to 480p or something like that. Go into your settings and doublecheck. If that's the case, then changing it to 1080 should fix the problem.

As Stacy A mentioned the issue has been discussed here. Go in and change you resolution setting to something other than what it is now and then change it back and the issue should go away.

Anybody tried renting 1080P on a Samsung?

Dear All, just spent 3 days working this issue w/ Dish tech guys with no success when I found this forum. Still can't get the 622DVR to recognize my TV as real 1080P with the latest SW, etc. Tech guys say my TV is not compatible.

Has anybody tried it on a Samsung DLP TV?

I'm gonna go try the tricks of disabling Dishcomm and freeing up space on the DVR...

"Has anybody tried it on a Samsung DLP TV?" - sure !

But do you know how many Sammy DLP models out there ?
And all of them different, plus date of mfg and FW version.

Dear All, just spent 3 days working this issue w/ Dish tech guys with no success when I found this forum. Still can't get the 622DVR to recognize my TV as real 1080P with the latest SW, etc. Tech guys say my TV is not compatible.

Has anybody tried it on a Samsung DLP TV?

I'm gonna go try the tricks of disabling Dishcomm and freeing up space on the DVR...

Freeing up space does nothing. As far as disabling DishComm that will only help you receive the VOD events on your receiver. It sounds like you have a 1080p event you just can't get it to pass the 1080p test? Assuming that is the case these "tricks" will do nothing for you. I think your only hope is that the Dish guys figure out a firmware update for the 622 that will allow it to recognize your TV correctly (assuming it really is 1080p).

From AVS forum:
"After additional research the Samsung HL-S6187W does NOT support 1080p/24."
Does anyone.... look at their owner's manual before posting? I would think this would be step 1. :rolleyes: Even if you lost your manual you most likely could download your set's manual from the manufacturer and check what their set is capable of.

Interestingly, the 6187W owners manual is tough to decipher - there is nothing about FPS, only one reference to "Frequency of operation = 60hz". So I tested it with a BD on my PS3, changed the FPS to 24 and sure enough, the screen went blank. Take this one off the list. Yeah, it's the official HDTV of the NFL, but clearly not of Hollywood.

On the bright side, now have an excellent reason for HDTV Christmas shopping this year :)

From AVS forum:
"After additional research the Samsung HL-S6187W does NOT support 1080p/24."
My one year newer Sammy HLT6176S owners manual and tech sheet says nothing about accepting 1080p24 but it does, can watch 10,000 BC in 1080p just fine.

To support the economy, my motto is "you owe yourself a new hdtv every OTHER year". Hey, that makes me due this thanksgiving!

With what I paid for the Sammy 2 years ago, I can probably get an awesome Pioneer plasma this time. Gee, I wonder what specs I will miss this time...

Sorry Stacy, got 4 kids lined up for the pass-me-down. They like it when the old dad goes shopping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts