How Dish's 1080p is going to work...

No luck here :( I only have one Dishcomm device already which is the main receiver and still no 1080P. I checked and I do have 6.13 on my 622.

-Mike

WOW!!!!!!!!! We're totally "TURBO CHARGED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

A month and a half AFTER the famous new "TURBO" software I got TWO VOD's is a PATHETIC long time!

Maybe in another month and a half I'll get a 1080p movie AFTER they dropped the $2.99 special.

If so, then they can stick it where the sun don't shine, because after all that trouble I don't want it anymore!:mad:

A month and a half AFTER the famous new "TURBO" software I got TWO VOD's is a PATHETIC long time!

Maybe in another month and a half I'll get a 1080p movie AFTER they dropped the $2.99 special.

If so, then they can stick it where the sun don't shine, because after all that trouble I don't want it anymore!:mad:
Have you sent an e-mail off to Charlie explaining what your seeing? If you haven't then you and others should because if Dish doesn't see a lot of noise from folks who can't get this option working then I bet they will call it a success and move on to whatever is next on the agenda.

To those not getting many 501 channels, try freeing up a bunch of free space on your disk. My wife's 622 which is always full has just a couple of 501s and no 1080p while my 622 which has plenty of free space has fourteen 501 channels including the 1080p one. I personally believe the reserved space for VODs is dynamically sized depending on how much free space there is in the user area.

I apologize, guys..but I'm totally lost. I did not care about Turbocharge and 1080p until I got my new display, just last week. yes...it's 1080p and my 622 firmware is L613
I am Turbocharged! so they say...now, how can I tell what movies are in 1080p?
If I select a movie under channel 501 it says nothing about 1080p. So does that just mean they do not have any 1080p movies presently available?

The movie this month that is 1080p is 10,000BC. Last month it was I am Legend. It should say "10,000 B.C. (Video On Demand, 1080p)" in the guide.

To those not getting many 501 channels, try freeing up a bunch of free space on your disk. My wife's 622 which is always full has just a couple of 501s and no 1080p while my 622 which has plenty of free space has fourteen 501 channels including the 1080p one. I personally believe the reserved space for VODs is dynamically sized depending on how much free space there is in the user area.

No but I think it has more to do with how many timers you have set and how much free time your receiver has to download. Just a wild ass guess but I noticed in the past that my reciever that gets all of the 'action' seldom has any VOD available and the basement receiver always has lots. Not a very scientific method though...

Adam,

I read your post about that the other day and went into my 722 and deleted/watched most of the recordings. I couldn't have had more than 5 or 6 left.

Two nights passed and still no 1080p24 movie. I have had problems where in the morning the dish is trying to find the satellite. I have to go in and disconnect/reconnect the coax to get it to straighten out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)