How Dish's 1080p is going to work...

I tried out the 1080p yesterday. I had a qucik screen come up to tell me that my screen would go dark to check if my tv supported the movie. It never went black and went straight to the movie. I have a Samsung LNT-4065. The movie had really good pq. You get it for 24 hours. I tried it on tv2 it even played on it. I am not understanding why I can get it on tv2 also.

Very good question JimP. Even though they don't have the bugs worked out you would think they would want to keep the 1080p content out there so they could keep advertising it.

I had a tech out last week to re peek my dish due to signal drop outs. I just noticed yesterday that there is no more channel 501. Anyone else??

Edit: I just checked The List! and saw that it is not available.

I had a tech out last week to re peek my dish due to signal drop outs. I just noticed yesterday that there is no more channel 501. Anyone else??

Edit: I just checked The List! and saw that it is not available.

I still have 9 channel 501s (all HD) on my 722. However, I do not have any 1080p events at this time.

I've got several 501's but not a 1080p which would be true to form as mine seems to show up late in the month.
I don't think there is one this month, at least not yet. If you watched the CC, Charlie said this was expensive to just charge $2.99. I think they are evaluating just how well this beta went given the complaints here online and probably many others of the silent majority. Dish made their advertising point by being the first to offer it. Now they have to refine it...and charge accordingly.... For me that means no freaking way!:eek:

I have a 612 and two 722's and only one of the 722's have the 501 channels. Anyone know why the 612 & other 722 doesn't have them? The two 722's have the same software version also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)