how do I find the wireless ssid on directv setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
trying to help my niece setup a wireless printer & need to know the wireless ssid & security settings. Her directv setup was done wirelessly...........is there steps I can follow in the menu to find this information?

trying to help my niece setup a wireless printer & need to know the wireless ssid & security settings. Her directv setup was done wirelessly...........is there steps I can follow in the menu to find this information?
Look in the
Menu/ Settings/ Network Set Up
See if that has the the info your looking for.

Does DirecTV install wireless routers and internet service now? I would think that the wireless clients don't allow other devices to connect within their network. Are the DirecTV receivers hooked up to internet? If so, your niece must have her own router, if she doesn't remember the password, you can reset her router and choose a new password. Am I missing something here?

Reactions: Broe67
Wireless clients have their own network that no-one else can access.
I was wondering why the OP is looking for info from the DirecTV system. As dvddad says, just reset the router and choose a new password....

Reactions: Broe67
Or.. If the password was never changed, just look at the sticker on the back (or Bottom) of the router, the network name (SSID) and password will be printed there

Then if that's the case (I didn't realize they offered internet), there still must be a router. Maybe DirecTV offers a modem/router combo unit and I would call them for support to reset the password. Do you know where the modem is? Is there a router attached to it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)