How do I get back the 1080i DVI ouput?

jonkomar

Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ
Quick question:

When the installer was setting up my equipment last Saturday he used the "input" button on the Voom remote to change my output to "1080i DVI". Since I've programmed the remote to function with my TV, the input button now changes the setting only on my TV. Does anyone know how to change the input setting on the Voom STB without the remote? My output is now set to "1080i" instead of "1080i DVI" and I swear I think there's a slight decreased in PQ.

Thanks!

Flip down the door on the receiver and push the little red button until the top light flashes on the receiver this will be 1080i.There really is no decrease in picture quality.bye the way welcome to satelliteguys.us.

If you are new to voom then this is one thread that you diffentely need to check out........well once again welcome to satelliteguys.us....the internets #1 satellite tv forum....................DIGITAL~DAN

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=20677

jonkomar, If you stop when all the lights flash that will be native. That's what I leave it on. That way when I switch to a SD channel my TV won't stay in full mode. I had 4:3 stretch stuff. What ever you leave it at be aware that it can change by itself for some reason every now and then.

jonkomar,

I'm curious about this as well and I know exactly what you're talking about. Currently the menu on my stb shows "1080i". At one time it did say "1080i DVI". (I'm connected via DVI). Not sure why it went away. Let me know if you figure it out.

jonkomar said:
My output is now set to "1080i" instead of "1080i DVI"...
CarlosC said:
Currently the menu on my stb shows "1080i". At one time it did say "1080i DVI". (I'm connected via DVI). Not sure why it went away.
I saw that too. I think it's a small bug in the program. Anyway, that ("DVI") label doesn't mean much. All outputs are active at the same time. Which one you are actually using is selected by your TV set. The 1080i label is important, though.

jonkomar, welcome to the forum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts