How to do a hard reboot?

NybobbyNy

Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I may be having a problem with my OTA Module. I was told to reinsert it and than do a hard reboot? Is a hard reboot simply leaving the unit unplugged for a while, or is there some other way?

Thanks again

You should unplug it when reinserting the OTA module, anyway, so there should be no need for additional reboot really. ;)
What kind of problem are you having?

Thanks for your replies.

The problem I am having is after I gained access to the "Install Wizard" and try to scan for locals the whole screen just blinks while it scans. This will keep on happening until I press back. I also tried to "Aim Antenna", but that blinks too. I tried reinserting the OTA, but that did not help. I currently dont have an OTA antenna hooked up because my landlord is giving me grief about putting one on the roof.

Secure Firmware:V16
Current Software 02.4C
HAL Version: 00.07.37
Middleware Version: 01.45.02

Sounds like a hardware problem. Perhaps a bad OTA module.
What happens if you manually tune to an OTA channel?

Hi, Ilya. Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how to manually tune in. I just tried tuning in thru the Install Wizard, but I just tried another OTA module that I know works and I had the same blinking issue

Of a top of my head: in the Installation wizard menu there is a scan option and there is "Tune OTA antenna", or something like that. Try both options.

FAYRICH said:
You say that you don't have an OTA antenna hooked up. You cannot receive OTA stations without one you know.

I bought 2 Vooms receivers. One works fine, the other is the one I am having the blinking issue with. I assumed it was the OTA module, but when I swapped it with the one that I know works I still had the issue, So I never hooked my indoor antenna up to the "defective" one. I was hoping I could figure out what is wrong with it.

I tried several indoor antennas, but I cant get more than a couple of stations (Fox, ABC) even though I am only 9 miles from the towers. My landlord wont let me put a Winguard on the roof.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on THIS antenna

NybobbyNy said:
I bought 2 Vooms receivers. One works fine, the other is the one I am having the blinking issue with. THIS antenna

Had both receivers been activated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)