How do I get started

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltonjared

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 23, 2016
Fort Branch IN
Looks like I dodged a bullet today. Had a strong storm with powerful winds hit today taking out several trees and power lines and acourse I have the dish laying under the walnut tree. Lucky no damage to the dish but at the same time couldnt get lucky enough for the branch that’s blocking 125-135 to come down.

Attachments

coltonjared

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 23, 2016
Fort Branch IN
Looks like it came out looking great and there’s my new toy I just got yesterday. 1979 Trans Am

Attachments

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Same here! My wife helps with my dish and antenna projects quite often. She knows that I will usually almost kill myself rather than ask for help, so she'll just join in when it looks like the job would be easier with two working it. :)

coltonjared

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 23, 2016
Fort Branch IN
We stole a camera system from medic 5 cause they got a new building so I’ll half to get wiring for it but it has two cameras and I’ll get two more for it. We figure we better get now more then ever cause we bought the trans am and like to keep an eye on the pool

coltonjared

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 23, 2016
Fort Branch IN
So far still haven’t got a lock and the servo isn’t working. Tomorrow going to take it off and test it to see if it’s broke or I have a bad wire somewhere and I’ll setup a tv with a direct wire going to the cband side to the receiver to eliminate all the switches.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
I think there was thread here (might of been some place else) about a similar situation. I don't recall the outcome, nor the recommended solution. So, might do a search for broken servo part. Just off hand, I would guess that alignment of the part is going to be critical.

Good luck. I would add a warning system on your set up. I think Titanium mentioned a good idea, back when you lost your earlier system.

Reactions: coltonjared
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)