How Do You Get In Touch With Whoever Writes Software For The Receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My opinion there is that too many beta testers are afraid of being critical or reporting too much and worry that they'll be removed from the test group.

Are you a beta tester? How did you form this opinion?

Well E in the past shipped new receivers without testing software limits.

example 721, add too many timers would send the box into endless reboot, as i found out when jen got into cooking shows.

so E sent me a replacement receiver i couldnt get it to download initial software.

why? my 110, 119, & 61.5 configuration.....

nonesnse lilke this? there was no excuse.

all of these issues should of been fixed before any receiver shipped...

my point is, they would have been had we known about them. like I said, hard to find stuff sometimes, until after the product is in the wild.

slick1ru2 said:
I have a VIP 211 with the USB activated and an external HD so it is in essence a DVR now. But there is no search function, only scroll by catagory and Dish Remote is not available for it even though it has internet access capability.
I have a ViP211 with the external hard drive & I can search the EPG for new events. I can also Browse by category by pressing the < (Themes) button on the remote. When I do that, I also have a button that takes me to the same Search screen as pressing the # (Search) button on the remote.

As nice as the Dish Remote feature is on my ViP622, I'm not willing to pay extra $$$/month for a DVR fee to make it happen.

my point is, they would have been had we known about them. like I said, hard to find stuff sometimes, until after the product is in the wild.

Testing limits by the software group or better a professionaly testing company should be standard operating procedure before ANY beta testing.....

Many companies use professional testing companies early on to weed out flaws like lack of limits..

The user should never be able by just normal use crash the whatever....

Its better to fix such blatant errors before beta testing begins since fixing limit issues may cause other problems.

Historically E software is unstable when first released and causes onging issues sometimes for years.

This does not do anything good for E or the sub........

All of the 922 owners are beta testers. They just aren't categorized as such.

Back when I had a 721, I was an uncategorized beta tester as well. Now, there was a 721 bug that I was indeed a real beta tester for the fix and the group of software engineers that controlled that test were very thorough and receptive to feedback. In fact, they hounded you for it, so it was at the very least, important to them back then.

About the only boxes I've ever thought that were release candidate at launch were.... The 501. It was a very stable box. The 522 and the 722K have been great as well. The 722K has some 'bugs', but they have been annoyances more so than show stoppers.

Every time I glance over at the 922 support forum, I wonder why anyone would pay $200 and get in bed for 2 more years to beta test software. I would be surprised if that box is as solid as the 722K in the next year.

Now, on topic, they won't be updating the 211 DVR software anymore unless a major bug is found in the non-DVR function.

All of the 922 owners are beta testers. They just aren't categorized as such.

Back when I had a 721, I was an uncategorized beta tester as well. Now, there was a 721 bug that I was indeed a real beta tester for the fix and the group of software engineers that controlled that test were very thorough and receptive to feedback. In fact, they hounded you for it, so it was at the very least, important to them back then.

About the only boxes I've ever thought that were release candidate at launch were.... The 501. It was a very stable box. The 522 and the 722K have been great as well. The 722K has some 'bugs', but they have been annoyances more so than show stoppers.

Every time I glance over at the 922 support forum, I wonder why anyone would pay $200 and get in bed for 2 more years to beta test software. I would be surprised if that box is as solid as the 722K in the next year.

Now, on topic, they won't be updating the 211 DVR software anymore unless a major bug is found in the non-DVR function.

probably true, out of testing phase by now. hadn't thought of that.

IF I could just get archiving software back for my external hard drive I wouldn't feel like I was still a beta tester any more on my 922.

I can't understand why you could transfer recordings from you external hard drive TO the receiver but not from the receiver TO the external hard drive. IT stands to reason if you can transfer it one way to the receiver , you should be able to transfer the other way from the receiver to the external hard drive. I have had this receiver since May 6th and I don't understand why this feature hasn't been enabled yet. I would like to archive my movies to my external hard drive, so I could free up my internal hard drive for the new fall tv season.

I finally learned from this site that you can do manual timers and dish pass via remote access. Which was the other two things my 722k could do but my 922 couldn't. As for sling , it is okay but I am not really interested in using it over the computer that much. Now I would like to sling my tv picture in hd over the media extender IF IT EVER COMES OUT. But for now I will settle just for the archiving feature. I have an empty 1tb external hard drive sitting there just waiting to be filled up.

COME ON DISH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)