how do you set the elevation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IntelPennny4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
im not sure how to set the elevation on my 8ft bud anyone care to give out any ideas. im using it as a stationary dish so only one satellite at a time.

Can you post a pic?

Should be a bolt with a nut on both sides of a plate to keep it fixed.

Screenshot_2017-03-30-18-54-26-1.jpg

this it what i got sorry but its night time here :) i know thats how i set it. but im confused on how to set it to say 18.6 or what ever elevation i need. so im saying how do i know when its 18.6 or whatever elevation i need

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 188
Put a digital or analog inclinometer on your reflector rim, if you read 18.6, then you have reached to your desire SAT.

Ali

i have both digital and analog. the problem is i dont know where to put the inclinometer.

First... dish must be rotated to its highest point. Various dishes are built differently and the best point to set the inclinometer will vary. Wherever you set the inclinometer,be sure it lies flat... no rivets or bent spots, etc.

Elevation: Inclinometer goes on the big pivoting bar that attaches near the pole. OR... some dishes have a back plate that is at 90 degrees off-set.

Declination: Inclinometer goes on the back of the mounting ring. Or place a board across the front of the dish and measure from there. (Think of the declination as an additional off-set from the main pivot bar. Declination moves the dish, not the main pivot point.

Maybe this drawing will help:
POLARMOUNTANGLE2.png

Drawing credit goes to repentnow(dot) com

Reactions: Titanium
I should add that if this is a used dish that came from near your location... it was PROBABLY set correctly or close, anyway. There are always exceptions to make life more interesting though. lol

Post a photo of the inclinometer on the dish and someone can verify if you're on the correct location if you need further help..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)