How full is my Hopper 3?

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
Ok, so many threads on this subject, but still curious. Had my Hopper 3 92% full yesterday. Did some spring clean up, and deleted many recordings. The percentage went down to 62%. This morning it was even lower to 55%! I even recorded few hours last night. Checked it again couple hours ago. It is up to 80%. What gives? Do I need to unplug the Hopper for few minutes? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Don't stress so much on the percentage. There are a lot of DISH downloaded programming that comes and goes. Even at 20% you have plenty of recording time. If you archive a lot of programming on your Hopper 3 you might consider an External Hard Drive. It only costs the price of the drive.

Thanks Bobby, I tried external hard drive in the past after I switched from earlier version to Hopper 3. I thought I transferred old recordings to Hopper 3. (This was before the installer came to the house). But, Hopper 3 did not recognize EHD. Yes, the drive met the requirements. Many phone calls to Dish did not help. Most read you the manual anyway!

I am obsessed with it, going to Trash and deleting everything. I believe they stay there 3 days (?). Just like Windows having the ability to restore them is pretty cool.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am obsessed with it, going to Trash and deleting everything. I believe they stay there 3 days (?). Just like Windows having the ability to restore them is pretty cool.
I think they stay 48 hours in the trash before departing. After you delete the trash can you might need to reboot too for the numbers to change any.

Reactions: TheKrell
I've found the same thing, if you have an older recording if you list by date, deleting or moving off the Hopper will magically cause the free space to be recalculated. So if you have an old recording, save it, restart the Hopper and then you can see the new free space. Then you can restore it if you want it to remain in the Hopper.

Something about the EXT3 file system, most likely.

Reactions: sktrus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)