How high is your BUD mounted ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My 7.5 KTI is attached to a 20 foot pole which is in turn, mounted to a tripod on my deck and attached to my house.
The roof has a slight pitch which makes working on the dish do-able.
If I could have mounted it lower I would have, but needed the height to clear trees to my south and west.
Luckily I haven't had to make too many trips up there in the 12 years its been in place.
My first dish in 1991, a 9 foot Radio Shack set up, was mounted on a 4 foot pole and very easy to work on.

Also, I recall you installed a dish on a bumper, now a 2nd floor deck... is there a spot you DIDNT install on?

lets see....places where I had a dish
-roof (obviously)...had 7 there at one time
-the deck on those tables (the round one had the T90 when I had it)
-The deck railing had some (fixed at 123W, a combo of 89/93/97/103 if I remember right)
-attached to the mast of the aerial on the peak of the roof (for 30W...needed line of site)
-the bumper of the truck was for a review...the dish at the time woudlnt fit on one of the masts on the roof
-use to park the C-Band dishes outside the garage because I could get most of the arc (72-139) there
-had made a plywood stand to fit in the back of the pickup and mounted a Primestar dish on there (thats when 123W had Equity broadcasting)

so yeah most spots on the house

Nice set-up... unfortunately the minister won't agree to it. Is this the Sadoun 6 footer? Ive got the WSI 6 ft special... but folks say Sadoun's outperformes WSI...surprising b/c they both look the same.

Cheers, K
This was the 2nd package that i got from sadoun!The first was a KU system that i put on my garage roof.I really like the quallity of both systems! after 4 years now no rust at all except on a bolt or two.Im really glad i made it easy to work on! The KU on my 741 LMB has recently failed and a repair or replacement job is in order.Heres a pic of my other dish.

Attachments

• 510.jpg
    510.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 175
Maybe this is what you are looking for:
For me is good to have the sky more clear possible. Over the ground into the cities sometimes is difficult about the threes, houses, roofs etc etc
On my case was not the exception and this was my first concern about to put Big dishes on the ground. So I though to put big pipe over the Roof but Also for me is too important to have the “easy” access to handle the Dish
and Lnb’s Settings whenever I want..
So this is my set up:
I have used 8 cement pads (homedepot $4.98 dls each) to Install the two Sadoun Pole 39” with the arms through the anchor bolts to install my Sadoun 1.8 mts and my Hybrid sadoun polar mount + WS international 2.40 mts. So far I have not any issues. Also I have put some “ collection” of free rocks over the pads just to assure the weight.
Right now You can look these antennas aiming to Intelsat 21 at 58.0 W (WSi dish) and Nss 806 at 40.5 W (sadoun dish) . In front of the Dishes is the Home Roof about 14’ of height.. And between The LNB and the wall Home are about 18’ of distance aprox..
I am surprised with my results because I am receiving almost everything of each satellite even if you see that these satellites are on the atlantic position and even that Nss 806 is circular polarization with the “Plate” inserted into the LNBF that reduce the signal.

So is important to me that my Installation is not permanent because If in the future I am planning to move I can easy move all stuff including with my “Rocks”.:).lol 03-25-13 181-b.JPG03-25-13 182-c.JPG03-25-13 185-d.JPG03-25-13 186-e.JPG03-25-13 175-a.JPG

Last edited:
Vallenato... Whats your exact location? Nice and easy setup you've got but how often do you have to readjust the dish?
In these woods, with the winter frost, I'd re readjusting every 2nd day.

To get the mounting screws through the cement, what type of drill did you use?

Cheers, K

had this up 3+ years. 50+mph wind it's still ok never adjusted it.
the spare one there was to go in the middle never did it lol. is a old HD mount.

Attachments

• DSC04997.JPG
    DSC04997.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
Vallenato... Whats your exact location? Nice and easy setup you've got but how often do you have to readjust the dish?
In these woods, with the winter frost, I'd re readjusting every 2nd day.

To get the mounting screws through the cement, what type of drill did you use?

Cheers, K
This Installation is on North of texas. The 8' (58.0 w) Since I put around 5 months ago the signal looks strength and firm. The 6' yes,(40.5 W) I have readjust at least once every 2 months because sometimes I lost some digits of signal quality on weak Tp's but I think that Others Factors can affect like dish size, Circular signal (plate inserted reducing signal, and circular signals are more affected by the sun beam's ), plus The Low elevation and the Roof on the front but The strong Tps are solid. Anyway I am receiving almost 90 free channels on this satellite on Openbox HD S9, is not Bad!!!
;)
The concrete pads are these:
Model : 30168555
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=concrete+pads&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All
I dont know the weigh but are heavy. the 6' before I did not put any stones over the pads and no problems..
I have used a cheaper (black & decker) drill machine to do the holes. using anchor bolts 1/2 " into the pads of 6' . The free Anchor Bolts provided on the sadoun antena (long time ago) are little bit more thick (i dont know the size)but I can not find the same size on the Lowes or Home depot so these anchor bolts are now into the pads of the 8'. Also you can buy Anchor Bolts sealer or cement (provided in the same stores)to put into the holes to do more solid the installation..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts