Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Now that I have got my C-Band dish on the arc, I was wondering how the signal quality that I get stacks up. I don't really have a benchmark that I have found to compare it to, so I was wondering how the numbers that I am getting sound to you all that might have a similar set up.

Here is what I am using:

7.5' SAMI mesh dish
Norsat 8115 LNB (2 one H and one V)
Chaparral Single Orthomode Feedhorn
Manhattan RS-1933

I am getting on average from the low to mid 70's. The lowest quality that I get is in the high 50's to low 60's on AMC-18 the NBC and Telemundo mux. The picture is steady on these channels and does not cut in and out.
On AMC3 I get about 73 on the RTV mux on 3800H and I get in the mid 60's on the 4080H RTV feeds (if I bump the dish a bit to the east, I can get a stable 70-71 on this mux). I get in the mid 80's on some transponders on G17, G3C, and G16. I also get in the upper 80's in quality on the CBC feeds on Anik F1R.
Most everything else across the arc ranges about 73-77.

I was just wondering if these quality ranges seem pretty good?

Signal meters are different with different receivers. My Pansat 9200 is maxed at 90 - 95 % Quality across the board. That said, My Manhattan is reading 75 - 85 % quality across the arc. 77-78% quality on the 3800 on amc3. 74-76% quality on the 4080 on amc3. I have a 10 footer with the dmx741. Have a great day!

I suppose for the size of the dish that the numbers I have are not that bad really. I am getting everything that I want, and there are no breakups in the picture, so for now, I guess it would be best to leave well enough alone. I am afraid that by "tweaking" to get one or two points higher for numbers sake, I will mess up the fair readings that I have now. If anything begins to pose a problem, then that would be the time to "tweak" I think. Now I am looking at 1.2M dishes for ku. There are some college football games that are in Ku I would like to get. I will have plenty of questions about setting that up as well! Thanks to everyone for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)