How is my signal quality?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Now that I have got my C-Band dish on the arc, I was wondering how the signal quality that I get stacks up. I don't really have a benchmark that I have found to compare it to, so I was wondering how the numbers that I am getting sound to you all that might have a similar set up.

Here is what I am using:

7.5' SAMI mesh dish
Norsat 8115 LNB (2 one H and one V)
Chaparral Single Orthomode Feedhorn
Manhattan RS-1933

I am getting on average from the low to mid 70's. The lowest quality that I get is in the high 50's to low 60's on AMC-18 the NBC and Telemundo mux. The picture is steady on these channels and does not cut in and out.
On AMC3 I get about 73 on the RTV mux on 3800H and I get in the mid 60's on the 4080H RTV feeds (if I bump the dish a bit to the east, I can get a stable 70-71 on this mux). I get in the mid 80's on some transponders on G17, G3C, and G16. I also get in the upper 80's in quality on the CBC feeds on Anik F1R.
Most everything else across the arc ranges about 73-77.

I was just wondering if these quality ranges seem pretty good?

Signal meters are different with different receivers. My Pansat 9200 is maxed at 90 - 95 % Quality across the board. That said, My Manhattan is reading 75 - 85 % quality across the arc. 77-78% quality on the 3800 on amc3. 74-76% quality on the 4080 on amc3. I have a 10 footer with the dmx741. Have a great day!

I suppose for the size of the dish that the numbers I have are not that bad really. I am getting everything that I want, and there are no breakups in the picture, so for now, I guess it would be best to leave well enough alone. I am afraid that by "tweaking" to get one or two points higher for numbers sake, I will mess up the fair readings that I have now. If anything begins to pose a problem, then that would be the time to "tweak" I think. Now I am looking at 1.2M dishes for ku. There are some college football games that are in Ku I would like to get. I will have plenty of questions about setting that up as well! Thanks to everyone for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)