How long to disconnect?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bonnjer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Now that Dish has my local channels and Directv does not, I'm pretty much 99% sure I'm making the switch. Do I have to call Directv and have my account cancelled before the Dish installer comes to set it up? How long does account cancellation take?

Now that Dish has my local channels and Directv does not, I'm pretty much 99% sure I'm making the switch. Do I have to call Directv and have my account cancelled before the Dish installer comes to set it up? How long does account cancellation take?
No you do not have to cancell first, I would leave it up and running untill your new system is up and running!.As for cancelling it is instant once you spend time explaining to the CSR why you are:mad: sorry to see ya go

I'd recommend that you wait until your new Dish setup is installed and working and then call and cancel DirecTV, just in cast there's problems with the install.

Very good information.

Also, the Directv dish (round one) is mounted on a utility pole. Is the Dish dish able to fit on the same mounting arm or would the installer have to remove the entire mounting arm to put up a Dish one?

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Very good information.

Also, the Directv dish (round one) is mounted on a utility pole. Is the Dish dish able to fit on the same mounting arm or would the installer have to remove the entire mounting arm to put up a Dish one?

Thanks again for the help everyone.
depends on the type of service you get, all should fit exept for the super dish i believe

Ok, sounds good. I'm not getting HD service, just standard def. All of the wiring should be good to go. I figure that the tech will only have to swap dishes, make sure it's aligned for good signal, and connect the new boxes. He won't have to worry about running cable, so that should speed things up considerably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts