hr23 problems.. help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xstation

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
recently i had a new hr23 installed with a swm lnb... I then took the receiver with me to my 2nd house which doesn't have swm. I have the receiver connected to a slimline-5 dish with the wires directly connected to them (no BBCs) am I correct in doing this since I've heard that the HR23 doesn't require BBCs.
When I connect the power cord, it boots up fine and everything, it checks the satellite setting, but when it gets to the part where it is downloading the guide information, the screen turns black with "searching for signal on satellite In 2"
I've already reset the box 2 times and I can't get pass the guide downloading part because I get that error on screen.
help!!

recently i had a new hr23 installed with a swm lnb... I then took the receiver with me to my 2nd house which doesn't have swm. I have the receiver connected to a slimline-5 dish with the wires directly connected to them (no BBCs) am I correct in doing this since I've heard that the HR23 doesn't require BBCs.
When I connect the power cord, it boots up fine and everything, it checks the satellite setting, but when it gets to the part where it is downloading the guide information, the screen turns black with "searching for signal on satellite In 2"
I've already reset the box 2 times and I can't get pass the guide downloading part because I get that error on screen.
help!!

Correct.

You need to redo setup and choose One Tuner, or run the second line to the 2nd input on the back of the box.

Only one line is needed in a SWM setup for dual tuner operation.
In a normal SL5 setup two lines are needed for each tuner, or redo setup for single tuner.

Yes it was working fine where it was originally installed using SWM.

Though right now I have it me in my 2nd home which doesn't have SWM, and that's where I'm having problems.

When I connect both lines to the receiver and the box starts up it reaches the "Downloading guide data" and stays at 0% for a while, then it gives me that error; (searching for signal on satellite in 2...771)... I can't get to the setup menu. I know that dish is aligned properly I don't know what to do. :(

Yes it was working fine where it was originally installed using SWM.

Though right now I have it me in my 2nd home which doesn't have SWM, and that's where I'm having problems.

When I connect both lines to the receiver and the box starts up it reaches the "Downloading guide data" and stays at 0% for a while, then it gives me that error; (searching for signal on satellite in 2...771)... I can't get to the setup menu. I know that dish is aligned properly I don't know what to do. :(
when its at the downloading guide data hit your menu button you should bring your menu up with check signal strength and repeat sat setup

Thanks thetech!!!!! Finally got it working!! Didn't know you could view signal strength or repeat sat setup while it was downloading guide data... I've learned something new today... heheh

Thanks!! much appreciated!!

Thanks thetech!!!!! Finally got it working!! Didn't know you could view signal strength or repeat sat setup while it was downloading guide data... I've learned something new today... heheh

Thanks!! much appreciated!!
No Problem. Glad to HELP!:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)