• as long as it takes

Votes: 192 28.0%
  • I'm in a contract with Dish

Votes: 126 18.4%
  • I'm in a contract but will leave anyway

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They need to make some sort of announcment of their plans by the beginning of the year. D* now carries all of my locals in HD, including CW and MY. No Fox still.

S~

You know i was comparing service and price and directv delivers way more channels cheaper than dish, if In switch i get,fuse,amc,tcm,fx,bravo,bbc, and a lot more than the dish bronze package..
i can get choice 150 on dish/hd access/hbo(with almost 20 more real channels with content) for 82/ or stay with dish bronze and hbo for 86...NO BRAINER...
oh and the zoom channels are junk, don't even try there is basically nothing on them, Gameplay,Rave,Rush and Monsters are the only ones with any content and its weak at best...
the only reason I chose dish was they once had the most HD, now they don't,,,and the zoom channels don't evr change...

so I 'll be switching shortly...
my .02

You know i was comparing service and price and directv delivers way more channels cheaper than dish, if In switch i get,fuse,amc,tcm,fx,bravo,bbc, and a lot more than the dish bronze package..
i can get choice 150 on dish/hd access/hbo(with almost 20 more real channels with content) for 82/ or stay with dish bronze and hbo for 86...NO BRAINER...
oh and the zoom channels are junk, don't even try there is basically nothing on them, Gameplay,Rave,Rush and Monsters are the only ones with any content and its weak at best...
the only reason I chose dish was they once had the most HD, now they don't,,,and the zoom channels don't evr change...

so I 'll be switching shortly...
my .02

Glad to hear your switching because the more people that leave the quicker E* will get thier A$$ in gear. I hope :D

Glad to hear your switching because the more people that leave the quicker E* will get thier A$$ in gear. I hope :D
I bet not, There still only a small demand for HD compaired people who don't care about HD. Yes HD is growing ,but for people to pay more money just for a clearer picture,not everyone is sold on that yet. and most likely won't be.

I have 6 months left on my commitment. I have been waiting patiently for NESN-HD. If its not up by the end of my commitment, I will make the switch.:mad:
JohnR

I bet not, There still only a small demand for HD compaired people who don't care about HD. Yes HD is growing ,but for people to pay more money just for a clearer picture,not everyone is sold on that yet. and most likely won't be.

Small enough that E* has turned to false advertising in the number of available "national HD channels". Why would they do that? Are they scared to lose customers to Direct? Sounds like it to me.

Small enough that E* has turned to false advertising in the number of available "national HD channels". Why would they do that? Are they scared to lose customers to Direct? Sounds like it to me.
What ever you want to tell yourself.:rolleyes:I wouldn't blame it all on HD . Because D* has 3 million more customers the E* even when E* had more HD channels. So I'd still say not as big as you think.If E* is losing its customers I'D say that HD is only about 2% of the reason. Their HD lineup is far from bad.! The second most out of ever provider, I doubt they are as worried as you think. Cable has access to every HD channel there is . So why don't they have them? Because Demand is low compared to other programming options.

I could care less about SCI-FI HD, USA-HD, CNNHD, now if Dish doesn't pick up Speed HD when it really goes HD next year, then I might get crabby, but for now no big deal !

Very big concerns.:)
Maybe,but lets just say Cable has by far WAY more customers then D* and E* put together.I'd say they have the cash flow and equipment to do what ever they want when ever they want. They have a huge atvantage with offering more Premiums,VOD,High Speed internet,and local channels.I get 5 local channels with D* and our cable company Has 15 plus 5 are in HD. None are in HD with D* for me.

Last edited:
Maybe,but lets just say Cable has by far WAY more customers then D* and E* put together.I'd say they have the cash flow and equipment to do what ever they want when ever they want. They have a huge at vantage with offering more Premiums,VOD,High Speed internet,and local channels.I get 5 local channels with D* and our cable company Has 15 plus 5 are in HD. None are in HD with D* for me.
and they are going to need every penny of it to upgrade to the point where they can compete with D*(now) and E*(later) on bandwidth. Its not as simple as swapping out a few pieces of equipment at the front end. The advantage of offering all of those things(internet, phone, vod) is actually hurting them when it comes to adding more HD

and they are going to need every penny of it to upgrade to the point where they can compete with D*(now) and E*(later) on bandwidth. Its not as simple as swapping out a few pieces of equipment at the front end. The advantage of offering all of those things(internet, phone, vod) is actually hurting them when it comes to adding more HD
True I do understand that. But it all comes back to demand.And I'll bet those options along with More premium options. These are demanded more then HD. Of coarse it doesn't look like it here,because we are chatting on whats basiclly and HD site.I gotta tell you I only know of 4 friends of mine that even subscribe to HD. I know of about 25 that have HD tv's but still don't have HD,and don't care.and Frankly can't even talk them into it. Its hard to sell the same thing for more money Just because it may look a little better. SD isn't unwatchable.Sports yes, HD is great. But I'm starting to get turned away myself a little.I think the pricing it going to get way out of hand in the future.To have something in HD isn't worth more then $20 IMO.

True I do understand that. But it all comes back to demand.And I'll bet those options along with More premium options. These are demanded more then HD. Of coarse it doesn't look like it here,because we are chatting on whats basiclly and HD site.
Its possible that those things are demanded more than HD right now. HD is still fairly new to most people. Once they get it, most want more, and thats where i see the problems for the cable companies. Not only will subs want more HD they wont be willing to give up or cut back anything else to get it. Hard to get the toothpaste back in the tube so to speak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)