How many dishes have YOU hauled on a Toyota pickup (at once)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Yesterday, my buddy Terry and myself made the 500 mile round trip journey to visit Linuxman, and to gather a few of his dishes which needed new homes.

We rolled into town around 11 AM and after a bit started disassembling the 1.8 m Prodelin. You can see it, and the next project, a 10' Unimesh perf w/AJAK H-H mount, in the background.

Sat Prod 1.8 Bare Frame at Freds2.JPG

Those 2 went well, not a broken bolt in the bunch, and after we got these 2 big dishes took down it was time to dismount the 2 Primestar 84Es I had requested. Again, no issues, so at that point we headed down to the local cafe for some burgers, O-rings........and coconut cream pie.

We headed back to continue loading and discovered that in our absence, the Primestars, through some kind of incredibly rapid microwave breeding program, had increased in quantity from 2 84Es....to 4 84Es, and a couple of 75s to boot. :confused:

That makes a grand total of 8 dishes, plus other assorted goodies on my little pickup, and upon seeing a couple of cubic centimeters of unused space, Linuxman was pretty sure I had room for a couple more BUDs. :D

Here is the load we headed south with:

Sat Prod 1.8 and Uni Ajak at Freds.jpg

Glad to say that all arrived back home in one piece, and many thanks to Fred for his generous offer. It will be fall before I can get too involved with this stuff but I see some major dish projects in my future.

He's still got some nice stuff just waiting for you SatGuys to provide a new home for, so let's git'r done. :)

as to the original question...NONE

I own a Ford Ranger which I've hauled a 5 foot dish, a few primestar dishes in. Also hauled 20 analog receivers, a couple 7150's and 9 sets of 3 rack mount B&W monitors in the back :)

I'd heard that Fred had a selective breeding program for those molded dishes.
I guess it bore some fruit, 'eh? - ;)

Nice load you got. And well tied down by the look of it.

Just remember, if you have too many, you can always seed some friends 'n neighbors.

Or, start a local club. : )
YMCA? Boy/Girl Scouts?

Glad everyone, and every thing arrived home safely. :)

Had a great time at lunch with you and Terry at our local "Main Street Cafe". :cool:

MrFTAMan said:
Is Linuxman getting out of the FTA hobby?

To answer Mr FTA Man's question, I hadn't planned to get out completely when I wrote the thread that Iceberg so graciously pointed to, but sometimes life does throw some curve balls at you, and you swing and miss. :)

I am moving to an apartment next Saturday, and I don't see moving to a place where they will allow me to have a dish anytime in the near future, but I'll still be here, and plan on paying my Pub membership again at the end of the month. You never know what I might be able to swing in a few months, but I've made so many good friends here over the past 5 years, I can't leave the forum and the good times we have here. :)

The caption for this pic would read:

Fred: "Are you sure you don't want to build a cabover headache rack real quick, I believe you could get 6-8 NPRMs on that......................?

Me: :eek:

Sat Prod 1.8 Freds Parking Lot.jpg

.....Just remember, if you have too many, you can always seed some friends 'n neighbors....

Yeh definitely, I already have 3 P*s setup as single-polarity fixed dishes scattered amongst some of the local yokels, 2 are setup on 101W and 1 on 97W. :)

How many dishes have YOU hauled on a Toyota pickup (at once)?

In my case the largest has only been one 10 footers at a time in the bed of my 94 Toyota pickup, but the big different is I never take the dishes apart and to make it easier on me I always take the mount off since I'm doing it by myself.

I'm glad you're ok Linuxman. I thought you may have a health issue. I hope you will find a place that will allow you to get back into this hobby. This is in your blood.

Well, Phlatwound. I think I may have just seen a guy pull out of here that has matched your haul on one vehicle. :)

I'll let him tell about it after he gets home, and post the pictures.

He has a long drive yet tonight back to the Chicago suburbs. :eek:

Well, Phlatwound. I think I may have just seen a guy pull out of here that has matched your haul on one vehicle. :)

I'll let him tell about it after he gets home, and post the pictures.

He has a long drive yet tonight back to the Chicago suburbs. :eek:

Can't wait to see and hear about that one!

And glad to hear you were able to spread some more of your fantastic farm around. :cool::up

Fred, are you out of dishes now?

I have one more left Mark, and one of the forum members here is coming tomorrow afternoon to pick it up, then they will all have found new homes. :)

And yes Jody, I am glad my little seedlings have been distributed all over the mid-west. :cool:

Soon new dish farms will be springing up everywhere. :D

"How many dishes in your Toyota pickup?"

In my case the largest has only been one 10 foot KTI, and 3 direct elliptical in my Subaru wagon. Full disassembly and a tarp to keep the actuator grease off the carpet.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Linuxman is most generous. Good luck to you at your new residence. Maybe they will allow you a small KU band motorized system. At least you can still get some of the feeds or news channels from G19 and other satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)