How Many External Drives on Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

monradon

Original poster
Sep 5, 2020
South Dakota
I couldnt find the post on this i know i read it ??? I run 3 drives which work great but i know of people doing 4 + 5 or more ?? Wondering how they did it i am getting a new powered USB hub have to see if it helps ???

I couldnt find the post on this i know i read it ??? I run 3 drives which work great but i know of people doing 4 + 5 or more ?? Wondering how they did it i am getting a new powered USB hub have to see if it helps ???
They probably do it the way I am. I have a 4 port hub with 4HD's attached, but since I have the HWS I can only have 2 powered up at any given time.
Obviously with the H3 that number is 3. I suppose as an example, one could employ an 8 port hub and attach 8 HD's but they can still only have a max of 3 powered up at any one time.

and they can't add up to more than 7TB combined. Some are saying 8TB although Dish still says 7TB at MyDish.
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.29.27 AM.png

Yup, up to 3 if they don't exceed 7TB in total. I have an older unpowered hub, with a Amazon enclosure running a 5200 RPM 6TB survailace drive (not sure if any of those make a difference) and a 2TB MyBook and I've posted the pictures of the screens that show that I get the 6TB and 2TB to show up at the same time.

Voodoo, I don't know, but I get 8TB with only 2 EHD's (and the order they are plugged into the hub does matter). But the official dish line is 7TB in total.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts