How Many External Drives on Hopper 3

monradon

Original poster
Sep 5, 2020
South Dakota
I couldnt find the post on this i know i read it ??? I run 3 drives which work great but i know of people doing 4 + 5 or more ?? Wondering how they did it i am getting a new powered USB hub have to see if it helps ???

I couldnt find the post on this i know i read it ??? I run 3 drives which work great but i know of people doing 4 + 5 or more ?? Wondering how they did it i am getting a new powered USB hub have to see if it helps ???
They probably do it the way I am. I have a 4 port hub with 4HD's attached, but since I have the HWS I can only have 2 powered up at any given time.
Obviously with the H3 that number is 3. I suppose as an example, one could employ an 8 port hub and attach 8 HD's but they can still only have a max of 3 powered up at any one time.

and they can't add up to more than 7TB combined. Some are saying 8TB although Dish still says 7TB at MyDish.
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 8.29.27 AM.png

Yup, up to 3 if they don't exceed 7TB in total. I have an older unpowered hub, with a Amazon enclosure running a 5200 RPM 6TB survailace drive (not sure if any of those make a difference) and a 2TB MyBook and I've posted the pictures of the screens that show that I get the 6TB and 2TB to show up at the same time.

Voodoo, I don't know, but I get 8TB with only 2 EHD's (and the order they are plugged into the hub does matter). But the official dish line is 7TB in total.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)