3 @ Coolsat 5000
1 @ Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA
1 @ Manhattan Digi Plasa (antique)
1 @ Traxis DBS 3500
1 @ Twinhan 102g
2 @ TechnoTrend S2-3200

Analog:
1 @ General Instrument 922 4dtv
2 @ General Instrument 920 4dtv (one has dead battery, plan to send in for repairs)
1 @ General Instrument Inovation 650i (not in use, but I toy with this on occassion)
7 @ variety of receivers not in use

I am just starting out with this hobby, and am looking at purchasing a Pansat 9200 and possibly Quali-tv (if Fortec Passion doesn't have 4:2:2). I notice you all have quite a few receivers, but I assume you have been doing this hobby for awhile and have older receivers. Are there other receivers you recommend that have features which the other 2 receivers I mentioned don't have?

1 Pansat 2500a AMC3, AMC4, G25, G26
1 Pansat 2700a H2, AMC5, AMC9
1 Pansat 3500s G10R,G27 and now Satmex5 & Satmex6! (watching mex soccer right now).

moreover...

I got in flea-market: Hughes Gaebo (NasaTv), Globecast TV (do not know how use it).

I need 8x1 diseqcs or get more FTAs devices...!:)

2-step? no, 12 step!

The wife keeps asking if this site is like a support group ;)
Yea, we got yer 12-step program right here! - :cool:
Problem is, nobody is willing to take the first step! - :eek:

Me? See sig, including one spare Visionsat still in the box, destined to become a "media player".
Sold the Satpros 500. Didn't blind scan, anyway.

Last edited:
Okay, here goes:

Digital:

Visionsat IV-200
Pansat 2700
Satpros 500
Digitrans DTE-7100
Digitrans DTE-7150T
General Instruments DSR-4001
General Instruments DSR-4400
Twinhan 1025 DVB PCI
Hauppauge Nexus-S DVB PCI (x3)

Analog:

General Instrument 2400
General Instrument GI-450i (x2)
General Instrument GI-550i
Blonder Tongue IRD 6185 VCIIRS (x3)

The wife keeps asking if this site is like a support group ;)

You could say that, but it depends on how you define "support". We support your continued interest in the hobby, rehab is for quitters! ;)

let see:
1 v.s. extreme
1 sonicview 4000
3 ariza extremes good box for fta.i had giving to me beacuse people couldent do what they wanted with them.i like them just fine works well for g10r.
2 ariza 700
1 fortech mercury11
1 fortech star lifetime classic na
1 captive works cw-600s preminun
1 triax 1500
1 3000 pansat (clone)
1 pansat 2300
1 fortech lifetime ultra.
jees i didn't realize i had that many.lol.

6 ft bud with bsc 621 -std lmbf
39" ariza tech dish with a 120 motor .
39 " dish with 2 unirvisal lmbf
18" dish subbed for bell express .lots to watch.
oh yes a Nexus-S PC DVB cards,whitch is not in use at the moment.

1- Mercury II (that I wish I didn't have, I must be the only person on earth that doesn't like the Mercury.)
No, you're not the only person. This is my only receiver. Mine does not keep time. And I could list a bunch of other stuff I don't like about this receiver. But being new to FTA all receivers may have the same quirks for all I know.

I have 5 only using 4 right now!
1 VIEWSAT 9000 HD {New & Using}
2 Coolsat 6000 Premium's {Using}
1 Fortec Star Merc II {At My Business}
1 Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA {Standby Back Up Box! My first FTA, Can't Part With It!:)}

WOW, I sure feel better now knowing that I am not the only person who has multiple receivers. My coworkers often tease me about my hobby and tell me to get a life. :) They just don't understand how enjoyable tinkering with the satellite equipment is for me.

No, you're not the only person. This is my only receiver. Mine does not keep time. And I could list a bunch of other stuff I don't like about this receiver. But being new to FTA all receivers may have the same quirks for all I know.

I have had maybe 10 different FTA receivers in the 18 months I've done this, and NONE of them keeps time. So if that is a aim, no need to bang your head against the wall...the receiver that keeps time doesn't exist to my knowledge...:)

Well ya know Claude, we could get you on that SatelliteGuy's 12 Step Program... - :cool:
Might seem just like work, or maybe it'll make work seem more like play!. - :eureka

For anyone who doesn't know, Claude is Mr DishStore. They get a big thumb's up from me! - :up

I've had plenty of receivers...
some good (Coolsat 5000)
some great (Visionsat)
some really oddballish (the Quali-TV)
and some that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (don't make me name them all) :D

WOW, I sure feel better now knowing that I am not the only person who has multiple receivers. My coworkers often tease me about my hobby and tell me to get a life. :) They just don't understand how enjoyable tinkering with the satellite equipment is for me.

Tinkering is what it's all about, too. TV viewing is a minor part of this hobby !

:)

I've had plenty of receivers...
some great (Visionsat)

..and some of us wouldn't give 15 cents for a truckload of Visionsats....:D

So it goes without saying that you just have to try them until you find something YOU like. :)

compared to that NeoSat i1000 I had the Visionsat is 10000 times better ;)

I had some real doozies in receivers
Neosat i1000 (no blind scan and a pain in the butt to set up)
The original Viewsat...no blind scan and the motor options sucked
Neusat 6000 (remember when like 15 of us bought them at the same time????)
Pansat 5000 and its st-st-st-stuttering video
The Buzz and its oddball meter and really bad blind scan
Viacast 1500...10 transponder entry and no way of editing channels. But I shouldn't complain...its in my basement hooked up to G10 :D

Honestly my 5 favorite boxes that I have worked with would have to be
-Coolsat 5000 (most stable box I've worked with)
-Quali-TV (love them 4:2:2 feeds)
-Pansat 1500...first box I got with blind scan...still use it 4 years later and the 3500
-Visionsat
-Fortec Classic

my primary receiver is a coolsat 7100PVR.

i also have a microyal mrx1000 that won't respond to the remote most of the time, and a uniden supra analog box that still worked the one time i tried it.

Receiver list

(1) Fortec Star Mercury II - very stable, my personal favorite
(1) VisionSat IV-200 - PVR onto FAT32 USB drive; somewhat glitchy.
(1) Traxis 3500 - Developed bad audio that ultimately failed.

I'm guessing a DVB-S2 receiver will be in the cards sometime this year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)