How many out there.......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Still have Dish for SD only for no reason other than never cancelled and till a few month ago, Noggin for the kids. Will I get their HD package? Nope, capital N and exclamation mark. Didn't watch HD channels outside the Voom21 enough to justify their newer HD receiver, even the cheaper one. Still have the 6000 laying around, but that thing makes much to much fan noise, IMHO, so I am not going to hook that one up either. Vooming till the end, and yes, I will try to watch the last minutes on April 30. Do we have any idea what time it will go dark? Like midnight, May 1st?

I'll probaly set up my D* install for the 29th,, have company coming the 30th to enjoy the beach and I know they will love my new HDTV even if the best picture is OTA....lol
We have no HD cable here...

I just signed up with adelphia cable. Install scheduled for this coming Tuesday. I'll keep voom on until the signal goes dead though.

I signed up for Comcast today and it will be installed tomorrow. I was still carrying E* but cancelled them today. I had been with them since 1998. The best they could offer me was for me to pay $100 for an 821 receiver. I'm getting an HD DVR for free from Comcast. Oh well. So long satellite.

Signed up with charter cable. Install is set for this coming friday.The only Voom 21 channel I will miss is Rave. If Charter had all the locals I wouldn't be that upset but they only have NBC and Fox. Hoping Voom receiver keeps working for ota. Wish I didn't let salesman talk me out of tv with built in tuner. After DBS sorts out there HD scenario with mpeg 4 will look at it again, can't justify locking in for a year and then having to buy new receivers again.

BLW said:
I'll be watching until the last pulse and all goes dark and I will raise a tall one to all the Voom employees wishing them my best and thanking them for the Voom experience!

I am then going to go OTA and stay away from any paid provider for a while. I have experienced cable TV and am not anxiuos to go back. Voom was my first Sat provider and I really liked it and it will be missed very much in my household for all the hd it offerred. I really have no interest in any other sat provider. Fortunately I receive good OTA signals in my area and Blockbusters are plentiful. I will wait to see if there is some sort of Voom derivative that comes into existence, and if not, I will probably stay the course until HD is as mainstream as it is on Voom. Voom is the only provider that has ever really hooked me into watching so much television. I'll be watching until the last pulse and all goes dark and I will raise a tall one to all the Voom employees wishing them my best and thanking them for the Voom experience

Good Luck to All in replacing your Voom viewing enjoyment.
Here, Here !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts