how many Voom stb's in your home?

ONE STB.

Why didn't you make this a multiple choice poll instead of just asking for replies? It will be hard to comprehend the totals without a graphic.

1080iBeVuMin said:
ONE STB.

Why didn't you make this a multiple choice poll instead of just asking for replies? It will be hard to comprehend the totals without a graphic.

1. i have no clue how 2. didnt expect any multiple stb's setups to be working together and getting ota ch's?

MR.C

Two STBs, but only one HDTV. Off-air works the same on both boxes--or more to the point, it doesn't work very well. I'm awaiting an antenna upgrade--hope it will fix the problem.

Vicki

Seawaves said:
My guess is that within 12 months Vooms stops all support of OTA. It's one the worse things they do.

It was really brave and/or stupid of Voom to try to tackle OTA installation, with all the different markets, variables, and conditions, something NO ONE else has dared try. Of course they had really no choice since they did not have the capacity to bring any locals, SD or HD. In retrospect, maybe they should've just given people a $100 credit and let them deal with OTA themselves.

Of course it would've also helped if they'd had a box that did OTA scanning, like every decent ATSC receiver out there. D'oh!

I have 4 Voom receivers and they all work fine.

I think that adding OTA reception was a good idea, although their lack of a self-install has hindered some sales.

I have three. If you're having problems with some of your boxes, it could be a number of things I guess. I had a problem with one of mine and OTA. I switched locations with the one that was working, and it still didn't work. Had it replaced once by the installer who said he had a couple of boxes in his garage. Turned out it was an older model box and didn't work either. Waited for Voom to send out another and that one worked fine.

I have had 2 for several months. Just got 4 more installed Friday so I am up to 6. Everything is working ok, installer didn't bother about running a line for the OTA antenna to the switch so I had to do that. OTA scanning works ok, but it isn't pickup a few channels that I should be able to get. Been at our lake house this weekend so I haven't had time to mess with it yet.

ONE. It's attached to 4 televisions. Never switched from purchase to lease, so I own it. I'm waiting for the PVR before I network the receivers. Since we only watch 1 TV at a time, this setup works fine, although the signal that is passed to the 'satellite TV's' is passed at 480P.