How much does it cost to upgrade to HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Acerone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
Long Island
Anyone have an idea on what it would cost for upgrading to the HD/DVR. Right now we have the d11 500 receiver and our contact is over. Thanks.

Anyone have an idea on what it would cost for upgrading to the HD/DVR. Right now we have the d11 500 receiver and our contact is over. Thanks.

An HD DVR is generally $ 199
HD Access is $ 10 p/m
DVR fee is $6 or $7, don't remember which.

You may do better than the $ 199 depending on your status.
The rest is the same for all.
There was a special time frame where you could get the HD free for 24 months, but that has passed, could be included in package soon, hopefully.

IF you want a SPACIFIC recvr model, you may be better off leasing it from a third party. (Solid Signal has HR24's in stock.)

Why , do you lease recvrs ?

emergence_something_smells_fishy_tshirt-p235443156162248521q6vb_400.jpg

Notice he hasn't responded back. He's to busy telling me in a PM that he can get all existing customers not under a commitment a free HD DVR and Choice Extra for $34.

Yea like we need him for that!

Call D* and they will offer you the same if not more, Just tell them your thinking of switching to Dish Network.

Notice he hasn't responded back. He's to busy telling me in a PM that he can get all existing customers not under a commitment a free HD DVR and Choice Extra for $34.

Call D* and they will offer you the same if not more, Just tell them your thinking of switching to Dish Network.

Choice Extra sounds good for $ 34, that would save me $ 15 a month.

Choice Extra sounds good for $ 34, that would save me $ 15 a month.
Are you under a Commitment? If so your not getting it.

Also you can get much more then just that on your own . Like Free NFL ST, Free MLB EI, Free HD, and Programming credits if not under a commitment.

Are you under a Commitment? If so your not getting it.

Also you can get much more then just that on your own . Like Free NFL ST, Free MLB EI, Free HD, and Programming credits.

Yup, I got a HR24 when they came out ...

Seems kinda dumb, ya been with them 5 years now and go from a HD DVR to a HD DVR and you have to (HR20-700 to HR24) start over .....

Wait, I upgraded my H 20 to the HR24, thats probably why.
Now I have all HD DVR's , hopefully my next move won't be that way ...... maybe.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Thats my point, He claims he can't help if under a commitment, Well people not under commitment don't need help getting free stuff, the people UNDER the Commitment do.

Your still going on about this?

Can I help you if your under commitment? No I can't and never said I could.

So if a customer has had standard for years and there commitment runs out and they wanna up to HD, some (not all) customers are getting charged 99 and 199 to up to HD.

How is that free? So if people don't need help getting free stuff then why are they settling for 99 and 199 bucks.

Sorry Hemi that not everyone is able to get free stuff like you. Some people need that help and that's all I'm doing.

Same S* different day.

Your still going on about this?

Can I help you if your under commitment? No I can't and never said I could.

So if a customer has had standard for years and there commitment runs out and they wanna up to HD, some (not all) customers are getting charged 99 and 199 to up to HD.

How is that free? So if people don't need help getting free stuff then why are they settling for 99 and 199 bucks.

Sorry Hemi that not everyone is able to get free stuff like you. Some people need that help and that's all I'm doing.

Same S* different day.

I think your reading Hemi's quotes backwards.

He's trying to point out that if your already under a commitment you already paid out the $ 199 and $ 100 per recvr .... the ones that had to pay already are the ones that would like help.

In case you haven't noticed, the majority of the Free stuff goes to the NEW sub, the loyal subs that have been around and many not going any where are the ones that don't get the great deals.

I think your reading Hemi's quotes backwards.

He's trying to point out that if your already under a commitment you already paid out the $ 199 and $ 100 per recvr .... the ones that had to pay already are the ones that would like help.

In case you haven't noticed, the majority of the Free stuff goes to the NEW sub, the loyal subs that have been around and many not going any where are the ones that don't get the great deals.
Exactly 100% correct.

I'd love more info on this. I have been a D* customer for 4 years now... original 24 month committment satisfied long ago.

I called D* a few months ago and asked about getting HD DVR and after much haggling the CSR would only agree to give me a credit for several months totalling about $100 if I paid the $199 for the HD DVR... meaning I was still paying $99. I refused.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I called D* and spoke to someone about upgrading all my receivers to HD. I currently have 2 SD DVR Receivers and 1 SD Receiver. She told me it would be $199 per HD DVR Receiver and $99 for the HD Receiver for a total of $497. I told her this didn't sound very good considering the offers I've been receiving from Dish and the offers D* has for new customers. She transferred me to another department.

I spoke to another CSR. Initially I got the same offer. I brought up the deals they had for new customers ($198 for the same equipment and $24 off my bill for 12 months plus HD Free for Life) and the ones Dish has offered me ($100 for equivalent equipment, approximately the same savings per months, HD Free for Life, and 6 months free HBO and Showtime). He finally offered me $100 off (still paying $397) and HD Free for 24 months. This young man rubbed me the wrong way as he kept trying to come up with supposedly personal experiences he had with Dish or other companies I referenced. He also made a comment about the customer service at Dish which I found to be rather hypocritical and almost humerous. At this point I escalated the call.

I spoke to his supervisor. He finally offered $150 off one receiver. He also suggested I start by upgrading 1 receiver and in the near future upgrade the other 2 receivers since upgrading all 3 at once was, in his opinion, a lot to do at once. He suggested I could later upgrade the other receivers and receive a similar discount when I did so... I was direct with him in expressing my doubt that after a new 24 month extension they would offer me any discount on the other 2 receiver upgrades. :rolleyes: Besides, I have two HD TVs now and plan on upgrading the 3rd before Christmas.

I mentioned to each CSR the offer I was receiving from Dish. I find it unbelievable that their retention sucks this bad. Am I just speaking to the wrong people? For the record my current account balance is $0. I have had my service turned off in the past due to being behind on my payment but never more than 2 months behind (one month in arrears and the current month) and when suspended always less than 24 hours... I'm terrible at keeping track of the due dates but not having service when I get home is a hell of a reminder. I did offer to do automatic payments and upgrade my packaging to Choice Ultimate from Choice Extra Plus.

At this point I am tempted to either drop D* for Dish or sign my wife up as a new customer assuming this is an option as she is certainly not a customer at this time and I am not under a committment with D*.

Were you actually speaking to retention reps? You need to call in and at the voice prompts say 'Cancel'. This will send your call to retentions. Tell the retention CSR the offer you can get from Dish.

Were you actually speaking to retention reps? You need to call in and at the voice prompts say 'Cancel'. This will send your call to retentions. Tell the retention CSR the offer you can get from Dish.
Exactly!

If he's not Under a commitment, All he has to do is yes, Just say Cancel.

Then he will go to retentions, just say I'm thinking of cancelling and switching to Dish. Tell them what dish is offering, and simple ask ,can you do anything as an incentive to sign back up.

But you can't call up lazy and not do your home work either.
D* retentions department is not Stupid. They are one of the few areas where they know whats going on in the business,they also are awhere of what dish is offering.. They also look at your own 4 year history.
How many Past due bill has this guy had.?
Whats he spend on us?
How many Credits did he get.
They aren't going to front you $500 in leased equipment if your not a solid investment for the next 24 months.

So you call and start with your threats, with 100% no research about the competition. Your not going to get anywhere.

I have had my service turned off in the past due to being behind on my payment but never more than 2 months behind (one month in arrears and the current month) and when suspended always less than 24 hours... I'm terrible at keeping track of the due dates but not having service when I get home is a hell of a reminder.
This is one example of why you may net get what your asking for.

You can't be a month late all the time and have service interuptions.

Thats not a good payment history.
Quote"Suspended always less than 24 hours" End Quote.
That sound like more then once.:)

If you want to use the Dish Network Card, Then NO LATE PAYMENTS on your account. 60 Days late is not good with any bill.
Try that with your car payment once!:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)