How much does it cost to upgrade to HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I currently have 1 HDDVR(HR20) & 4 DVRs which we got when we signed up in May 2009. How much would it be to get a HDDVR(HR24) to replace one of the DVRs?

This is one example of why you may net get what your asking for.

You can't be a month late all the time and have service interuptions.

Thats not a good payment history.
Quote"Suspended always less than 24 hours" End Quote.
That sound like more then once.:)

If you want to use the Dish Network Card, Then NO LATE PAYMENTS on your account. 60 Days late is not good with any bill.
Try that with your car payment once!:)

Things Retentions looks at and what most well train agents look at of any call type ( hardware/ tech / billing ) look at before giving credit or equipment out .

1. Payment history
2. Credit history ( how many credits have we given you in the last 2 years )
3. Services ( really only for Retentions ) We have lot more offers say for someone with Premier then we do family just because there alot more services under premier to credit like xyz amount of movies channel B or Sports package C.
4. Are you making stuff up! Hemi is right we do have tools that show us all of Dishes current offers we have package compare tools and all types of fun things. So making up offers often does not help but hurts you.
5. Are you being a Jerk. We try to treat all customers fairly and equally but I be the first to tell you that screaming yelling and being a jerk does not help, it makes harder on us as agents have fixed weekly credit limits for non billing reasons. So they tend to like to give ti to the guy who nice to them and honest with them versus the screamer who insults the company and insults the agents constantly

Things Retentions looks at and what most well train agents look at of any call type ( hardware/ tech / billing ) look at before giving credit or equipment out .

1. Payment history
2. Credit history ( how many credits have we given you in the last 2 years )
3. Services ( really only for Retentions ) We have lot more offers say for someone with Premier then we do family just because there alot more services under premier to credit like xyz amount of movies channel B or Sports package C.
4. Are you making stuff up! Hemi is right we do have tools that show us all of Dishes current offers we have package compare tools and all types of fun things. So making up offers often does not help but hurts you.
5. Are you being a Jerk. We try to treat all customers fairly and equally but I be the first to tell you that screaming yelling and being a jerk does not help, it makes harder on us as agents have fixed weekly credit limits for non billing reasons. So they tend to like to give ti to the guy who nice to them and honest with them versus the screamer who insults the company and insults the agents constantly

1: My only soft spot... and again only because I'm not good at keeping track of bills
2: Not many, if any, credits. I don't complain about the $5 late fees I get charged because, well, I was late and its the cost of being late. What other credits would I have?
3: Yeah services I don't use too much... Showtime during the Dexter season and the very occasional movie... Choice Extra + is I'll I've had for package since i joined 4 years ago.
4: Not making anything up. I'm not stupid. Before I called the CSRs I went to Dish and DirecTV and chose the same basic packages and 2 HD DVRs and 1 HD Reciever and kept the webpages (in separate tabs) up with the pricing info etc as I called in to the CSR.
5: I always try to be calm when I call any service provider. For one because you generally get further by being cool, calm, and understaning but also because yelling at a CSR when they are not at fault for company policy is useless and retarded. That being said the second CSR at D* was starting to tick me off with his constant comparison of my issues to ones he supposedly had... probably just trying to be friendly but he got nerveracking at which point I asked for his supervisor. I did not yell at him or anyone though I did inform him that I found his constant self-comparisons to be unrealistic... trust me they were. Again I know you get further by being nice.

Assuming once again that due to my late payments (that I can do nothing about now) D* refuses to make a decent offer, and since I truly have no past due balance now nor am I under an obligation, could I cancel and my wife sign up for new service?

Last edited:
1: My only soft spot... and again only because I'm not good at keeping track of bills
2: Not many, if any, credits. I don't complain about the $5 late fees I get charged because, well, I was late and its the cost of being late. What other credits would I have?
3: Yeah services I don't use too much... Showtime during the Dexter season and the very occasional movie... Choice Extra + is I'll I've had for package since i joined 4 years ago.
4: Not making anything up. I'm not stupid. Before I called the CSRs I went to Dish and DirecTV and chose the same basic packages and 2 HD DVRs and 1 HD Reciever and kept the webpages (in separate tabs) up with the pricing info etc as I called in to the CSR.
5: I always try to be calm when I call any service provider. For one because you generally get further by being cool, calm, and understaning but also because yelling at a CSR when they are not at fault for company policy is useless and retarded. That being said the second CSR at D* was starting to tick me off with his constant comparison of my issues to ones he supposedly had... probably just trying to be friendly but he got nerveracking at which point I asked for his supervisor. I did not yell at him or anyone though I did inform him that I found his constant self-comparisons to be unrealistic... trust me they were. Again I know you get further by being nice.

Assuming once again that due to my late payments (that I can do nothing about now) D* refuses to make a decent offer, and since I truly have no past due balance now nor am I under an obligation, could I cancel and my wife sign up for new service?

I was not directing that towards you, more of just general things that happen when people call in .

I am crossing my fingers as I just spoke to a CSR and was given a the lease price of 126 after a instant credit, it was about 100.00 credit. I did ask a couple of times if it was going to be the HR 24.
I know, please dont give me the finger of shame :) with the "CSR cant promise" but I am going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. I have one HR 24 and it will be a nice replacement for my SDDVR that now has a HD TV

I must say, had a great customer service experience with the CSR as well as they added some credits to programing package as well :)

I just purchased a refub HR22 from a Website vendor I have used before for other electronics. I got the HR22 for $96 bucks and I own it. That is better than paying 150-199 for a piece of equipment you are leasing.

John

I just purchased a refub HR22 from a Website vendor I have used before for other electronics. I got the HR22 for $96 bucks and I own it. That is better than paying 150-199 for a piece of equipment you are leasing.

John

Don't be so sure that you own it. Did they tell you that or did Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)