How much is the Directv cancellation fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is confusing as hell. So if you have to give the receivers back , then do they still charge you the large fees for the hd receiver and the dvr receivers? I mean what is the point in giving the receivers back if they are still going to charge you for the receivers anyway?

It's a bit more complicated than you might think. There are still those who are under DirecTV's old commitment, which was $12.50 a month for each month not subscribed. All new DirecTV commitments are for $20 a month for each month not subscribed. To figure out your own cancellation fee, just count the months left on your commitment (determined by your install or last upgrade date or the date you activated the last receiver where you replaced an owned receiver with a leased one and multiply by 20. As for the equipment non-return fees, they only apply if you do not return leased receivers.

I had added an hd dvr at the end of January for 24 months and an sd dvr in Feb. for 18 months commitment. So it would be 20.00 a month for the remaining months on my main receiver since the commitment is longer anyway right? OF course I would return the two receivers if I wasn't going to stay with them. So that would be like 20 months X $20.00 =$400.00 dollars ? WHoo. Now if I stay with them it would cost me at the lowest 29.99 +9.99+ 4.99+5.99= 50.96 a month or $ 1019.20 spread out over the 20 months left. Okay I don't have $ 400.00 right now to spend so it looks like I am staying for now. Maybe once the year is up, I could cough up the $240.00 if I wanted to leave. Good information . Thanks.

In a nutshell, if you are still under your contract, whether it be 12 months, 18 months, 24 months, whatever..... If you break the contract you will get charged for the remainder of the contract. Is what it boils down to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts