How much longer will you be with Dish?

Thinking about it.

I live in Omaha, but in order to get my recently added locals in HD, I have to add another dish to my house, and pay money! Cox cable in my area has added to their HD offerings a ton over the last month, and plan to add even more. Then there is Direct that offers my locals in HD, and I only need one dish.

There are a lot of choices that I now have, so I am really torn. Each system has something the other doesn't. Great DVR, Dish. Locals with one dish, Direct. With Cox, I can hook up 8 tvs if I want, and I can get cable high speed internet to go with.

The second dish option for HD locals has really made me look at other carriers.

Six months at the most. Depends on the price increase in February, if I last that long.

It could happen faster, for example, if another U-Verse rep knocks on my door and makes a really good offer, I might just bite next time.

""If D* or someone else just keeps continuing to plow ahead adding ever more channels while E* stays stuck where it is, I may be willing to pay the penalty to drop out of my contract early and choose another service provider.""

Same here. Directv has been having my locals in hd for a while.(on 1 dish)
Dish promised my locals in hd for december 2006:mad:
If they are not on dish by Feb 2009, and on only 1 dish, i will pay the 3 month penalty i will have left and go to directv.

No reason to switch. Have locals in HD. Only watch 1 channel at a time. My friend switched to *D* 1 1/2 years ago and has had 6 service calls and a replacement receiver. After being led in with 3 month freebies he pays more than I do for the same service. Should hear the story on how the local technician tuned his dish. It really got funny after he had him bring the portable TV down from the up stairs bedroom. *E* DVR is the best, in Dec when 129 is replaced I will be 100% happy in the rain.

I can only pickup 1 HD OTA from my area.....
Whoever can launch my Locals in HD wins.....
I hope it is Dish, but with the way Direct is launching I have my doubts.....

Frankly I am surprised Dish or Direct doesn't go after more DMA's like mine, where most people can not pick up all 4 networks OTA because of the distance between stations.

TRSmudge

I am a huge NASCAR fan so, since D* has Speed HD as well as Hot Pass, the only reason I haven't switched already is the fact that I own my 622 and love it and the ability to store on the external drive.

Also my local NBC station is not in HD, some kind of dispute between them and E* I am told, but D* does have it. And of course Sunday night football is on NBC so I rarely watch because of the sucky PQ.

If D* would come up with a comparable HD recorder I would put my 622 on eBay and switch in a heartbeat.

The reason I went with E* in the first place was also that I was one of the original VOOM subscribers and now that they are gone...another reason not to stay. (I still miss Monster, even with their eternal reruns :river)

I will stick around at least until the end of the year and then reconsider my options. Cable is totally out of the question, the local Time-Warner (San Antonio TX)...I could write a book about my bad experiences.

No locals (D* has had them over two years)
No Voom
Audio drops with no fix on the horizon

I'm looking at my options for sure.

I was just looking at TWC offerings. The seem to have improved their DVR and interface. If they add USA, Sci Fi, and Travel, I might be gone to them. They I could get PBS HD and full time HD RSNs, too.

Sometime after Feb, if they dont add more channels, and if they wont give me a decent package to switch to Eastern Arc, I am sick of the drop outs i get on 129 every time the sky turns mostly cloudy.

I'll stick with Dish, can't beat the price (have the HD only pack and a 622) they've got most of what I want ( FX-HD would be nice!). I would have Direct if Dish didn't have my HD locals (Houston DMA). No other viable options for our area, Fios isn't available, no cable except for Suddenlink.

Been gone A month moved to U-verse could not be happier $250.00 rebate which have recieved already no contract just as good HD picture.Only problem I had was with Dish not wanting to send large enough return labels with boxes which took 2 weeks to get here then no one knowing what needed to be sent back after 4 supervisors.Then not wanting to extend return window even tho they were the ones who were sending another 3 boxes with 10lb labels instead of just sending 1 label to cover all the stuff they wanted returned.

No locals (D* has had them over two years)
No Voom
Audio drops with no fix on the horizon

I'm looking at my options for sure.

This sums it up well for me. I still have a fair amount of commitment left but I'll be looking real hard at the options when that runs out. I'm getting tired of the empty promises from dish. When Charlie said that HD Only subscribers would get all the new HD added by the end of the year, I should have know that there wouldn't be a lot of HD added before then.

Mario

I have HD absolute and am fine with it for the price, I'll probably drop to the new $25 package when forced, I'll re-evaluate if its still worth it to me then. If I did ever drop Dish I wouldn't switch to anyone and would just use OTA.

The only new channel I would like to see is Comedy Central HD, there aren't anymore cable channels that I am aware of that I even want; HD or not.

I will leave Dish as soon as AT&T Uverse is available in my area.
You won't be sorry. I recently dumped DISH for U-verse and couldn't be happier. The hd dvr is better than the 622 I had and yesterday I got two cash back checks from AT&T totaling $140.00. Now back to FOX NEWS HD:D

Already left 5 months ago because of lack of adding local HD channels (Tulsa, Oklahoma) and because Cox Communications adding of so many new HD channels! Great bundle price with Cox! Saving me about $30.00 a month! Plus more phone options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)