How much money do you spend yearly on your satellite TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I just made an estimate, I am spending 1.1k in bills (for TV channels only lol) this is yearly.
I am thinking after the 4 months to cut down my premium channels and just keep a basic package with sunday ticket..not going to watch all the channels anyways.
This could have been an easy choice, but If I were to downgrade my channels I'd probably lose bunch of sports networks.. :(
So how much do you spend on TV alone (in terms of you cable/satellite bills)

Well, Im one of those vidiots. Between Dish, Direc and Starchoice 3200 a year.
Not including NFL and NHL packages.

Yes, Im out of control! But its one of my passions. My wife thinks I need a team of doctors
for some much needed help. lol.

Oh well, Im sure I have some company out there?

I am VERY lucky to have a wife that loves sports as much as I do. She actually encouraged the FPTV and the 106" screen for our NFL and NBA parties.

Ah this makes me feel much better :) Now I don't feel so alone for paying nearly 1.100$ just for TV a year :).
I don't have to worry about any other bills :p I live with my parents, they pay for all the bills cept TV :)
I suppose 1.1k is a small price to pay for something that will keep me happy all year long.
Question, this Black Friday I am buying a bigger TV, around 50-55", didn't decide which one to pick up yet, but once we get the new one I will be moving the Sony in my room and the new one will be in the living room, how much extra do I have to pay for another receiver a month? And do I have to pay another 200$ upfront to get the receiver? and what are the fees going to be? like an additional 10$ a month for an extra receiver? would the dual tuner work with both receivers? lets say recording shows on 1 receiver and recording more shows at the same time on the other receiver would that work?

Ah this makes me feel much better :) Now I don't feel so alone for paying nearly 1.100$ just for TV a year :).
I don't have to worry about any other bills :p I live with my parents, they pay for all the bills cept TV :)
I suppose 1.1k is a small price to pay for something that will keep me happy all year long.
Question, this Black Friday I am buying a bigger TV, around 50-55", didn't decide which one to pick up yet, but once we get the new one I will be moving the Sony in my room and the new one will be in the living room, how much extra do I have to pay for another receiver a month? And do I have to pay another 200$ upfront to get the receiver? and what are the fees going to be? like an additional 10$ a month for an extra receiver? would the dual tuner work with both receivers? lets say recording shows on 1 receiver and recording more shows at the same time on the other receiver would that work?

Well, another rec. will cost you only $ 5 p/m more, but the upfront cost is undecided as you should call D* and tell them what rec. you want and bargain with them.
I would expect to get a HR20 for $ 199 or less.

Jimbo

Well, Im one of those vidiots. Between Dish, Direc and Starchoice 3200 a year.
Not including NFL and NHL packages.

Yes, Im out of control! But its one of my passions. My wife thinks I need a team of doctors
for some much needed help. lol.

Oh well, Im sure I have some company out there?
No Starchoice but Guilty :D AEP HD Pack, Locals, Supers on Dish... Total Choice Plus HBO, Starz, SHO on Direct...;)

Zero. Depends on how much FTA equipment I buy. I think I spent 40 bucks this year.

You don't have DTV or Dish or cable either?
If I am correct, you don't get any national channels on FTA, which without the national channels I dubt there is much to see :(

You don't have DTV or Dish or cable either?
If I am correct, you don't get any national channels on FTA, which without the national channels I dubt there is much to see :(

You'd be wrong, my friend. A LOT to see in the FTA world. Its not just sit down and watch type of stuff, but then I won't spend 1200.00 next year for channels I hardly watch, either.:)

After having only OTA/FTA for two months now, I LOVE it. I love even more not getting that 100.00 bill every month. I have a lot of FTA equipment because its so danged cheap considering that its MINE and I don't PAY every month. Yeah, so I don't have the Paint Drying Channels in HD, so what?:D

I agree there is much to watch on FTA; I love mine, BUT we are past the days of Paint Drying and Grass Growing HD channels. There is more than enough HD content to satisfy many tastes worth paying for. It likely will be the one thing they try their damnedest to keep encrypted and of the pay variety too. A subscription also bring with it more than just the channels that you can't find for free, it also brings many of the free items to an easy to find, centralized place and an EPG; aka convenience; some people do not want to miss 5, 10 20 minutes of a show just trying to hunt it down on a wild feed or if it changes locations week to week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D* No longer home + RV for one fee??

Big Decision.......no not really(Few Questions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts