How much should dish re-aligning cost?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaberocs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Hey all,

because of the recent storms here in the bay area, our dish was knocked out of alignment. we've contacted DirecTV and the earliest date they can get someone here is the 16th :)eek:). i've contacted two independent satellite technicians about the realignment. i was just wondering what price range should i look for, so that i'm not getting ripped off?

thanks in advance.

If you have the Protection Plan, it is free. If you don't then it will cost you about $90. (Yes, D* recently raised the price of service calls to get more people to purchase the protection plan)

If you have the Protection Plan, it is free. If you don't then it will cost you about $90. (Yes, D* recently raised the price of service calls to get more people to purchase the protection plan)

wow that was fast. i believe we do have the protection plan. should i expect the same price (<$100) from an independent sat. tech. who was not sent from DTV?

These things just don't get knocked out if they are installed correctly. Last week I repointed four for an HSP and each one had loose hardware or missing monopoles or insufficient hardware. I am going back to working for myself ...........my rate = $60.0 for the first hour to service the three counties around me. Forty an hour to drive so you could get to $100.00 if you really had to have same day service.

Don't just get the dish repointed.........fix the reason for the problem.

Joe

alright, pricing around $100 seems to be the average. thanks a lot everyone!

Drill the wall and run a dual cable............$60.00..............Run the cable down in another wall from an attic.........$200.00. It depends on how mush wire you want to hide.

Joe

About a year ago I was quoted $95.00 from an excellent installer that would also give my wiring a good checkup too.
So $100.00 sounds about right......

That's sounds about right, but I just went through this when I relocated my dish myself last week. I took it off my roof and relocated it to a 2" mast in my yard - off the side of a deck. ..and for the same reasons too, I've had to climb up on my 2-story roof three times now to realign due to high winds - I figured it was time to move it.

I called ahead to arrange a tech visit, figuring I'd need it realigned, and they told me it would be $75.00 since I didn't have the Protection Plan. When I explained to the operator why I needed a tech, she said "..Oh, in that case, let's set you up for a "Dish Relocation Service Call" - that's only $49.00."

Beats my why a --total relocation-- would cost far less that a simple realignment in place... but it did.

Best part was, the appointment was supposed to be sometime between 8am and noon - the tech called around 10am to say he was on another call and he'd be at my place in a hour. Well... he never showed up until almost 1pm, and by that time I had the job done. He never even took a single tool out of his truck - just looked at the signal on the TV, said "Wow, you did good" and left. I called DTV back and explained all this and they refunded the entire service call fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)