How much would new Directv Service Cost Me?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
Have had Uverse for the past 2 years but the cost continues to increase (also have internet with them).
Am seriously giving thought to returning to Directv when my AT&T contract ends in late July.
Can someone please give an estimate of what the Xtra package w/HD of course would run me.
1 HD DVR, another HD Receiver and the whole house DVR (total of 2 receivers).
How much do they get now per mo. per additional standard HD rec.?
Thanks!

How much does the genie ( of which I really don't know much about and doubt I need but not sure) add?

forgot to mention, will go for the 20 month AAA Discount.

Going to the D* webpage you can build the package any way you see fit and you'll know what the pricing would be much quicker.
HD cost $10 p/m, but can often be eliminated for a duration of time by signing up with Autopay.
DVR fee is also $10 and the recvr fee is 7 I think for programming.

This gets kinda complicated because a DVR will cost you like 25 dollars, but thats the items I just mentioned built in to the price, instead of broken down like it use to be.

Do they actually do the AAA discount anymore ?

No idea about a a a but I'm sure you can research that on their website. A a a cannot be combined with anything else any longer however

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Upfront costs MIGHT be slightly higher for two DVRs, but the monthly fees will be exactly the same for 1 receiver & 1 DVR as it would be for 2 DVRs. You'd better off with 2 DVRs in my opinion. I still suggest the same if they talk you into a genie, get a DVR for the additional tv, not a genie mini, monthly cost is the same, $6 a month for each additional receiver/DVR/genie mini.

I'd go with a genie and a DVR. I can't speak for the upfront costs, but the monthly fees would be the same for two TVs regardless of which models you get

Upfront costs MIGHT be slightly higher for two DVRs, but the monthly fees will be exactly the same for 1 receiver & 1 DVR as it would be for 2 DVRs. You'd better off with 2 DVRs in my opinion. I still suggest the same if they talk you into a genie, get a DVR for the additional tv, not a genie mini, monthly cost is the same, $6 a month for each additional receiver/DVR/genie mini.

I'd go with a genie and a DVR
. I can't speak for the upfront costs, but the monthly fees would be the same for two TVs regardless of which models you get
I agree, good idea seeing they try to get you into a Genie and Client at all cost, must h=make more money on sales with them.

It depends on what you are currently paying. I have the DirecTV Premier package with HD, HD extra, NFL Sunday Ticket, promotional credits still, 2 C31/700 clients, HR44/700 dvr. I am using Comcast for Internet. Due to ATT would not fix some routing issues on their I-Bone & Backbone. Plus would not match the deal that Comcast was giving me.

I am paying all together base price without OnDemand viewings $127.78. I am getting $85 in promo credits. I was able to extend my promotion, due to I called in because of going on disability. The rep I got bent over backwards to keep us on what we had. If I had to make a fair guess. The rep was getting something in return from Direct, to retain customers, and sign them up for the next season Sunday ticket promo of $25/month.

I never got that kind of service with ATT for U-Verse. They looked at that they gave us $500 in promotional credits, when we first signed up with them. So after three years. Why give us any more to retain us.

I will tell you up front that if you watch local Sub-Channels and use an antenna to get them. Go for the AM21N ATSC tuner. It also comes in handy if you loose the locals from heavy rain storms.

I'd go with a genie and a DVR. I can't speak for the upfront costs, but the monthly fees would be the same for two TVs regardless of which models you get

And by DVR steeco probably meant hd dvr combo. Which is not the same as a dvr in the eyes of directv. Just fyi

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)