How often do you have to re-align your BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
I have a 6 ft dish that goes out of alignment with the arc and requires a little adjustment about once each month. I don't know what is moving as the mast is rock solid and the dish is solid.
Is it something that others go through with their BUDs too?

hi, i hav a 10' mesh bud, its been up for a few months now and it does HARD labour under my command lol lol never had to do anything with it. . .

My 10 footer has been here for 12 years now, and no adjustments have been made (or needed) other than feedhorn tweaking...
But that's just when I changed out the old LNB/polarotor about 2 years ago to the new C/Ku LNBF. :cool::up

Mine has been up for 20+ yrs, needed a pole leveling after the first winter, then again the following fall, as slab it's mounted to settled. Since then, I really haven't touched it much. Never had to adjust the mount left/right. Although I did when I got the firs Mpeg rcvr, but it was right on. I'll go out now and check the pole, as I know I haven't in the last two years. Yeah, it's centered in the bubbles.

I have a 6 ft dish that goes out of alignment with the arc and requires a little adjustment about once each month. I don't know what is moving as the mast is rock solid and the dish is solid.

I don't realign mine that often but I realign more than I would like. I guess I realign about 4 or 5 times a year due to strong winds.

You didn't say, but if the dish has a buttonhook type feedhorn support, that may be the source of the problem. I have a 10' Channel Master that was a royal PITA until I finally installed guy wires and, once and for all, centered the feedhorn. Since then it has reliably tracked the arc with no readjustment required.

Once I aligned and lock down my dishes, I've never touched them again. You might want to put marks between the dish mount and pole, the pole and the concrete base, and the actuator and the actuator clamp. That will help determine what's loose. Good luck.

I've just had to readjust my 10 footer for the first time since installing it and that was because of straight line winds over 70+ miles per hour last week as it came in from the southern direction, I've had other storms but they came in from the west. My G1 channels were OK but I lost the W5 satellite. My other dishes had no problems. Wind was strong enough that it even pushed a section of my 6 foot fence over at an angle plus broke a 6 inch limb from a walnut tree and took out my front outside lamp post some 110 feet away.

I adjust mine if I see a drastic change in signal. But I also do small tweaks here and there at least once a year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)