How to add Intelsat 8 to Pansat 2500A?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tim Mostad

Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Now that Intelsat 8 has replaced Telstar 4, how do I add it to my Pansat 2500A satellite list? I updated to the latest firmware thinking that would do it but no.

Section 2.7.1

Go to Installation
Edit TP/Sat
Scroll down to NEW
Put in the name you want to call it.
Put the down freq in (10750 for Ku)
Save it.

Go to Antenna Setup.
Select your newly added sat.
Make sure your settings are correct. LNB type is usually Standard or universal.
Positioner setting. You can use USALS.
Put in the location of the sat. (IA-8 is at 89.0'W)
Save it.
Go to Move.
Make sure you have signal. Exit back to antenna setup.
Go down to Satellite Scan.

There is no "new" in my satellite list. I have looked at this about a dozen times thinking I am missing something but I went through the list line by line but no new. Anyone else have this problem?

Menu > Installation > Edit TP/Satellite (bottom of list) > OK
Use the display to select a name...

Then continue.......as Pete said...

its at the bottom of the edit satellite/tp list

I have a 1500 and have added SBS6 and IA8 :)

or if you don't use C-Band, just rename/edit one of them :)

The more recent versions of the software don't have a provision for a "new" satellite. The version that came with mine did, but I updated and lost that.
So you will have to use a satellite you don't intend to program... such as a c-band or one over Brazil, etc.

Rename that satellite, delete all the TPs for that satellite, and add the TPs for I-8.

That's how I did it, I used PAS1R, since it's highly unlikely I would ever want to program in that satellite. If you're using USALS you would also have to change the location to 89W.

Thanks for all of the input and especially to jh98. I thought I was going crazy because I really don't have a "new" on the list. I found a designator that I won't use and reprogrammed it. Now all is well. Thanks again to all who responded.

Glad to be able to help... I learned that trick from someone else on this board!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts